Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'd totally want to be a Slytherin. I'm creating one of those Gryffindor-Slytherin situations in my YA UF so that the protagonist can subvert the traditional values and join the Slytherins. :tongue

I did the same thing in my D&D game.

Except MY houses are split - not along moral of ethical lines - but rather on the division of the multiverse.

See, in D&D, the universe looks like this.

And it is divided into...

The ELEMENTAL planes, which are 6 planes (Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Negative Energy and Positive Energy) that are the fundamental building blocks for physical matter. They also have meeting demiplanes, obviously. Like, Fire/Earth is Magma, and Earth/Positive Energy is Mineral and so on. The demiplate of Salt is the least popular.

Then there are the MATERIAL PLANES, which are worlds like this very Earth. They're where mortals live. Their dreams create the

ASTRAL PLANE and ETHERAL PLANE, which are both huge swaths of chaos matter, forged into solid objects by willpower and traversed by astral projection and dreamships and so on.

Then there are the PRIME OUTER PLANES, which are where faith and philosophy codify reality. Mortals dream of Gods and Demons and Angels and Devils on the Material plane, and it creates the picture of the Outer Planes. Creatures here usually are physical embodiments of philosophical ideas.

And at last, there is Sigil, the City of Doors, which sits at the center of an infinitely tall spire at the center of the multiverse. Ruled by the Lady of Pain, Sigil is known as the Cage because you cannot be unwillingly taken from it through magic. It is called the City of Doors because every doorway, arch, window, or other enclosed space is ALSO a magical portal, which can be activated through certain "keys", which can be literally anything.

SO

My houses are

PRIMUS, MATERIUM, ELEMENTUM, and SIGILIUM.

Those of intense conviction and philosophical bent go to Primus.

Those with a deep connection to the material world and the constraints of it go to the Materium

Those with creative sparks and elemental natures go to Elementum

And those who are travelers, cut throats, cheats and rogues...they got to Sigilum. The weirdo house.

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
I think AVPM might've just been playing on a stereotype that was already there.

Also, Hufflepuff is absolutely where I'd be if I wasn't in Ravenclaw. Hufflepuffs are cool. J. K. Rowling said that she'd be sorted into Hufflepuff.

And Tonks was a Hufflepuff so clearly they are AWESOME.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
And I've never had any interest in seeing it, so I'm just going to stick to my feelings from reading them. The books are what my opinions are based on.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I can't say I was favoured to Cedric, but I thought the character was okay. To be honest, I read the book so long ago, I kinda forgot who he was. lol. Even when I saw the film, (And that's not when i started liking Rob, I didn't even know who he was then!) I was like "Oh, okay then," It got so annoying though when he and Harry end up in the grave yard and Harry shouts for him to run, but he doesnt listen. I'm like "FFS LISTEN YOU IDIOT!" lolz Yeah, i get quite involved :p

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
You guys do know that you can choose your house, right?

I mean, those online quizzes should really just be one question with FOUR ANSWERS.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I like being Hufflepuff, well, from the quiz i did years ago. Mum started laughing at the name. She's like "Oh that's cute." lol
I'm loyal, but not brave or outgoing. Just kind and good to people. Too good. Sometimes I wonder about my self worth.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I did that Sorting Hat quiz just then. My results:

Gryffindor - 12
Hufflepuff - 12
Ravenclaw - 11
Slytherin - 7

Turns out, I could be a Hufflepuff. But I have just the same chances of being a Gryffindor, and once less, I guess, to be a Ravenclaw!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
See hot topic the old one from a few years back was the only place i could get cloths i liked.... I'm not the normal girl who wears dresses (hate them) or skirts (never) or colorful t-shirts. Infact most of my woredrob are the colors gray and black with a little bit of red. White, blue and the rest of the rainbow are practically non exsistant in my closet. Why? I'm not goth, i just perfer darker cloths.

Hot Topic used to be awesome, I'm big into rock and punk music and they had bands i liked!!!, they had the cool old 90's cartoon shirts, video game merchindice, and the like, hell when you walked in all you saw were the colors black, gray and red, which was perfect for me! And they didnt follow the trend of tiny little mini skirts and shirts cut and ripped all over.

Now i cant tell Hot Topic appart from American Eagle or Holister!!!

I had this one friend in high school who was a real girly girl, pink was her favorite color and all that, in highschool when we used to go in the mall, she waited outside because Hot Topic freaked her out, now she loves to go there because the whole place freaking changed and conformed. IT KILLS ME!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
TONKS. <3333

They hardly showed anything of Natalia Tena (who played Tonks) in the movies. I met her at London Film & Comic Con and even she said at the talks that her part was small, but that David Thewlis was the best person to work with... or was it Gary Oldman. Either way, two great actors. I liked Tonks in the books, and they barely even gave her screen time :( *sobs*

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
See hot topic the old one from a few years back was the only place i could get cloths i liked.... I'm not the normal girl who wears dresses (hate them) or skirts (never) or colorful t-shirts. Infact most of my woredrob are the colors gray and black with a little bit of red. White, blue and the rest of the rainbow are practically non exsistant in my closet. Why? I'm not goth, i just perfer darker cloths.

Hot Topic used to be awesome, I'm big into rock and punk music and they had bands i liked!!!, they had the cool old 90's cartoon shirts, video game merchindice, and the like, hell when you walked in all you saw were the colors black, gray and red, which was perfect for me! And they didnt follow the trend of tiny little mini skirts and shirts cut and ripped all over.

Now i cant tell Hot Topic appart from American Eagle or Holister!!!

I had this one friend in high school who was a real girly girl, pink was her favorite color and all that, in highschool when we used to go in the mall, she waited outside because Hot Topic freaked her out, now she loves to go there because the whole place freaking changed and conformed. IT KILLS ME!

Sometimes stores have to change a little to fit with the changing climate. I know it sucks, but if they didn't, the business would probably suffer.

And to show how much they screwed up the film and death scenes, i think i felt more sad for seeing Tonks and Remus dead, than Fred. (Because they motherofhell fecked that up!)

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Good thing i havent changed in size so i can still fit into all my shirts from back when hot topic was awesome!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I like Tonks. I probably cried the most when she and Lupin died. Definitely two of my favorite characters.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I love Alan Rickman.

He's great in EVERY movie he's been in.

I especially loved him in Galaxy Quest, because he had some of the best lines and reaction. But then again, Galaxy Quest is one of the greatest movies of all time.

He was also really good as that...Snape person.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, so we have one conversation about Hot Topic, and then another about Harry Potter.

Alrighty then.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I love Alan Rickman.

He's great in EVERY movie he's been in.

I especially loved him in Galaxy Quest, because he had some of the best lines and reaction. But then again, Galaxy Quest is one of the greatest movies of all time.

He was also really good as that...Snape person.

Alan Rickman is probably my favorite actor in the HP movies. Especially in his death scene/memories. *sniffles*

Status
Not open for further replies.