Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I genre-hop as well. I'll have an idea for something and completely love it, and then I'll have another idea in a completely different genre and then I switch, and it happens again and agan.

And, now with the ten year "anniversary" (I guess that's an appropriate word) of 9-11 coming, it makes me want to start my 9-11 story again. GAHH.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Oh man, it's hard to believe ten years passed since then. :/ I still feel like it happened yesterday. >.<;

When you write that book, please write it with sensitivity and tact. I know unless you're from the NYC area, you probably don't know many people who were involved. But I'm from the NYC area, and I knew quite a few people from my town who died during the attacks. It still makes me scared to think about, especially because I was at the towers a week before it happened. o___o;

But yeah, not something to write about lightly or willy nilly. But it has potential to be quite powerful depending on the stance you take with it.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not from NYC, but I went to NYC and I've been to Ground Zero last year. Before that, I did heaps and heaps if research about it. I feel like suc a ner, because I watched so mant documentaries and interviews with people who survived. I don't really know anyone who was involved with it, except for my family members in the military, but my friends aunt left one of the towers minutes before it got hit. So... Yeah.

ETA: I'll look at that book on Amazon now, Ely.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
That's good you did your research then. Because I hate it when people decide to glorify 9/11 and/or try to make some crazy conspiracy theory out of it. x___X; I mean...really?

But anyway...XD

And Hello there! :>

OTWOV

is Learning to Fly: solo
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Keagerz, I can't really talk about it because I was eight (?)...yeah eight, when it happened and didn't know it even happened until like 2 days later. It sounds terrible, but, at that age, I was too engrossed with tales of dragons to care about what was really happening in the world. :(

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I was like three or four? Hahah. All I know is that I wasn't very old. My sixth grade teacher brought it up, and I became so interested with it. And then my research began.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I was in school. About 15/16 at the time, and had seen bits of it happening on the news before I left home. In some weird, wacko, dreamlike way, it seemed kinda cool. Like some surreal action sequence. Obviously it was a horrific thing to happen, but at that age, and even now, it doesn't seem real. Like, it happened, but it was so devastating, it felt surreal. Am I making any sense?

P.S. I mean absolutely NO disrespect to those affected or anyone that had family/friends in the situation. It's just how my mind works/worked haha

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, you make sense.

I had to watch everything on YouTube, except for when CBC came out with a documentary about the phone calls from inside the building.

OTWOV

is Learning to Fly: solo
Registered
Reaction score
The only time I truly felt something, and by truly felt something, I'm not talking about the fake sympathy "everyone" felt, but felt like deep seeded sorrow was at the end of the movie "Remember Me" which starred, quite regrettably, Robert Pattinson, although he did a fantastic job in this role. The reason I truly enjoyed it was because, unlike movies like "World Trade Center," where you go into the movie knowing you're going to be sad, so you set an emotional barrier, "Remember Me," had an entire movie (great believable characters, and a truly engrossing plot) behind it before any notion of 9/11 came up. So, you became so attached to these characters; you wanted to see them suceed, and conquer their demons, that when the event itself actually happened, it was devastating. And the reason that rang home was because, that's how it would truly be, you go to school with a promise from your dad that you'd play catch when he gets home from work, but that never happens. :(

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen that movie. I will put it on my list though. Sure, I haven't seen World Trade Center, though I know the story it's based off of.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I was 11, and I remember it quite clearly.

Conspiracy theorists need to re-learn something called Occam's Razor: The simplest answer is usually the right one.

Because.

told before & told again
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I was just watching videos on the construction site. I couldn't stop crying. I'm volunteering in D.C. on 9/11 this year and I don't know how I'll handle it. I know there's no sign of it anymore, but just the thought of all that happened.

My first novel-length story had a focus on 9/11. I won't be doing anything with that story though.

I was eight when it happened. Our teachers were moving in and out classrooms and when they turned on the TV for us a kid actually asked if this was from a movie. And even though I was all the way in Georgia, a girl in my class, a relative of hers died.

That day. Really doesn't feel like ten years.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Okay sorry for disappearing guys. XD My aunt came over and we were talking about random stuff. :tongue

And yay Zoom! I always get so scared when anything I write or draw gets a comment. xD

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
And if we're talking about 9/11 stories, Debris Dreams BEGINS with space 9/11, has space Osama Bin Ladin, with space Oil and space Afghanistan and space IEDs...

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I like the plan for the new WTC. I would've rathered the same as before.

ETA: Uh... Nice... Hahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.