Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like football in any form, and I love Jane Austen romances (both in novel and movie form). My aunt and cousin are watching Persuasion. I'm going to flag football. ...What is wrong with this picture?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Slow night. Anyone here write flash fiction. Just started my first. It's kinds cool to write something so short but also very daunting

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Slow night. Anyone here write flash fiction. Just started my first. It's kinds cool to write something so short but also very daunting

I used to write some on occasion, but I don't much anymore. I might start writing a few pieces.

Flash fiction is a very short short story. Typically around 1,000 words.

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
Odd question, but does anyone know of any young adult books that take place entirely in a character's subconscious?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished the flash fiction thing: it's complete at 902 words and I think it's pretty good, though the grammar sucks...

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Um, well it's really short but it begins with a dude holding a bloodied knife in his hand, staring down at a dead body. He describes the setting for most of it but says that he has no emotion regarding the death. What should he feel? Shock? Elation? Regret?
He doesn't remember who he is, what he is doing, where he is or how he got there and why he killed the man, but one thing he does remember is the identity of the victim: his father

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Well if he doesn't remember anything aside from the fact that he's killed his father for some reason, he'd probably feel a bit shocked.

I'd assume it would be a bit like waking up next to a dead, bloody person, only worse because he KNOWS that he's killed him. Or at least, he has good reason to believe he has.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. It's kinda like he got lobotomized after killing his father, you know. So he is entirely emotionless and remembers nothing. The trauma of actually killing his father served as a lobotomy, that's kinda the point. :) Like how everything I write involves people dying? Muahahaha

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were actually asking what he might be feeling, lol.

I understand now. Haha.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
What's a good way to explain why something might be indestructible?

Better yet, what're reasons why something might be indestructible? In a fantasy novel, of course. How does something become "indestructible?"

Like, obviously through some sort of Magick, but if you can make one thing indestructible, why not everything?

This is all very confusing.

ETA: Also, I wish I wasn't so in love with the notion of the four elements, however cliched it is. I'm having trouble taking it out of my book for fear that people will accuse me of stealing from Avatar. I wouldn't be able to blame them either. Lol.

ETA2: Oh dear God, I've somehow thought up the entire plotline of Golden Sun without realizing it. I'm so mad. UGHH.

ETA3: Well, this plotting session has certainly been productive. Unfortunately, I've also run into a great deal of problems. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. That's fine, I'll take as much as I can get.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I am back. What did I miss? :D

The holiday was awesome. :D I didn't get as much writing done as I hoped to, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it, 'cause it'll ruin the experience of the holiday. :)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Otakuthon weekend!

The internet got disconnected from my house, and I use WriteorDie to write = no productiveness. Now I live in a hotel.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Tally! Hotel where? And why has the internet been disconnected from your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.