Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, i think i just blinded myself. i tested the camera on me... flash. blinded. me. fml.
Well at least people like that song as well as me :)

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
hehehe Three is nothing i have the next six books in this series planned out completely and the next 4 books in my Second Gen series all planned out hehehehe!

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Ally if your still there I just posted a comment

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I've tried planning ahead which novels I'm going to work on, but it never works out so I stopped. I just never know when inspiration is going to strike or what I'm going to feel like working on.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I've met Darren Shan a few times, and last time he said he works on 3 or 4 books at a time. Albeit small books, but still.... WOAH. No way i could be that organised and have that much obedience. I'm just about functioning on one book. But i am having fun, never the less. Heehehe i couldn't live without writing. Thankgod for laptops. my fingers are too f**ked to cope actual hand writing :(

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Legend of the Freaks

1)The F.R.E.A.K.s
2)A Serial Psycho Killer
3)Nightmares from Beyond the Grave
4) Survival of the Fittest Freak
5)The Freak Up
6)Detour to Purline
7)Government issues
8)The Holiday Hacker - My WiP at the moment with is close to the end
9)The House
10) The Unknown (although this might be changed to the second series)
11) Title pending...
12) Evils Collide
13) On the Run (title pending)
14) Heroes get remembered but Legends never die. (title pending)

Legend of the Freaks: The Second Generation
1) The Takeover 2.0
2) The Prodigal Children
3) Evil Resurrected
4) POSSIBLE the Unknown

That is how far ahead i planned.... and they arent just vauge ideas... there planned planned.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.. that's some planning. I guess it shows anyone can do that if they put their mind and soul to it and cross their fingers & toes enough :p hehehe

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
It's weird. I've just realised that becoming a writer is a lot like being a singer. (stay with me - i have a point. lol) In that, when being a singer, you need to find your identity, what your style of voice is, what genre of music you're going to do, etc. The same with writing. It's only just dawned on me. Okay, so i'm slow. BAH! I've spent a while sort of writing what i think i SHOULD be writing, or copying ways other people write, and i find it's not for me. Then i feel like i'm not cut out for writing. But really, i just need to find my own... niche. I'm so behind in the times, i swear, someone needs to slap me upside the head. Right, enough philosophy. Back to editing this piece of crap. Just kidding, I love it really. xD

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well I've been writing this series since i was 12 so for 9 years now... and actually the last two books in these series only popped into my head last week!

if you think thats alot, i'm also planning an adult series that pretty much starts where the first series finishes and ends a few years before the Second Gen one starts... but i dont know if i'll write that one...

It would be based when my MC's are all working for the FBI to solve odd and crazy cases all while trying to start families and raise there kids (the stars of the second generation)

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds really good. Where can i get copies of your books? or are they only ebooks?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not published. I just really good with Adobe Illustrator.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
How long are the books typically?

Well... that vaires but very long. My longest so far is 180K but after revisions that could go down. So not as long as Harry Potter but pretty damn long.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
It's weird. I've just realised that becoming a writer is a lot like being a singer. (stay with me - i have a point. lol) In that, when being a singer, you need to find your identity, what your style of voice is, what genre of music you're going to do, etc. The same with writing. It's only just dawned on me. Okay, so i'm slow. BAH! I've spent a while sort of writing what i think i SHOULD be writing, or copying ways other people write, and i find it's not for me. Then i feel like i'm not cut out for writing. But really, i just need to find my own... niche. I'm so behind in the times, i swear, someone needs to slap me upside the head. Right, enough philosophy. Back to editing this piece of crap. Just kidding, I love it really. xD

Except in singing you have to sing what's popular or you probably don't stand a chance. Kid Rock had to sing what was popular until he had a big enough following that he could sing what he wanted to.

Where, with writing, you write what you want to and hope that someone loves it.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Holy shit, 180k? Damn, you are quite the prolific writer!

So far in my entire writing career, I've written a draft of my book that was about 30k, one that was 120k, and now this one that's about 60k so far. Lol.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Holy shit, 180k? Damn, you are quite the prolific writer!

So far in my entire writing career, I've written a draft of my book that was about 30k, one that was 120k, and now this one that's about 60k so far. Lol.

I'm in your boat. Except, take away the 120k draft.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh i'm sure it wasn't that bad. I just havent written enough. I'd written plot by plot, and thought i was doing so well getting to 50,000. I guess i didn't pad it out enough, and now i'm regretting it. Oh, well. Good thing i'm not on a schedule!

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Oh i'm sure it wasn't that bad. I just havent written enough. I'd written plot by plot, and thought i was doing so well getting to 50,000. I guess i didn't pad it out enough, and now i'm regretting it. Oh, well. Good thing i'm not on a schedule!

Haha, it was pretty bad, but I don't worry about it too much. I started it when I was about fifteen, so I use that as an excuse. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.