Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Stay safe, Para! I hope it ends soon...Those things are completely scary...

And re: how Lisa's doing, she's on vacation, so that's why she hasn't been on lately.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
*joins the scaredy cat crew* :<

And that's good that she's on vacation. I was worried so I left her a Facebook message asking if she was okay. I hope things calm down by the time she returns home.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I am holding my thumb SO hard for everyone in London right now!

...except for the rioters...

But in happier news, I'm leading a LOT about female orgasm.

...by reading a BOOK, you pervs!

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully one day they can upload your consciousness onto a computer drive and you'll be able to experience a female orgasm through some sort of program.

Until then... I suppose a male orgasm is just going to have to suffice.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
In the incredibly awesome roleplaying game Eclipse Phase, you can trick out your body with various cybernetic, biological and nanotechnological implants.

They range from the normal things like chameleon skin, metal claws (a 'la Wolverine) and laser eyes...

To the infinitely more awesome things, like the Sex-Switch mod.

A complex suite of alterations allows
the character to switch their physical sex to male,
female, hermaphrodite, or neuter. This change is
mentally triggered but takes approximately 1 week to
complete.
But the implants are boring!

The fun part is the Eclipse Phase DRUGS!

FUTURE DRUGS!

Alpha is a more subtle version of BringIt, popular with hypercorp execs, street thugs, and anyone else who wants to come across as a domineering asshole. The pharm designer who invented it had a retro sensibility (and maybe a sick sense of humor); Alpha is typically synthesized as a sparkling white powder designed to be snorted. Alpha stimulates production of threat pheromones, but less bluntly than BringIt. Alpha imparts confidence, a feeling of power, and alertness. Users can function without sleep for 4 days, after which point they need to catch up with at least 4 hours of sleep (remember morphs with basic biomods require less sleep). On the downside, alpha users are impatient, unfocused assholes.

And for the non-assholes...

Want to ooze sexy like a pleasure morph on a hot tin roof? For those desiring that slinky je-nesais-quoi, Hither is the tool. Hither is a clear, slippery gel, sometimes with a faint, musky, floral scent. Hither is applied to parts of the body with large concentrations of sweat glands, where the skin quickly absorbs it. Hither is a mild euphoriant, imparting a feeling of con dence and you-know-you-want-it-ness to the user. It also stimulates abundant production of lust pheromones.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds like something I wouldn't mind having an infinite supply of.

My one question, though, is will the Hither assist me in seducing straight men? If so... :evil

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
In Eclipse Phase, such concepts are...sketchy.

I mean, how exactly does one classify an artificial intelligence in the body of a dolphin whose gender identity changes every other day?

Is someone "straight" if they sleeve into a body of the opposite gender and they still wanna do it with the same kinds of people?

In Eclipse Phase, everyone is pretty much pansexually bigendered. If only because it causes less heartache.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Well, if I were in Eclipse Phase I think I'd still be male-gendered and gay. At least, that's how I'd think of myself.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
You say that NOW, but just wait until you try sleeving into a girl's body.

Also, the sad truth is, if you were in Eclipse Phase, you would probably be dead, cause 95% of everyone died. And I'm not just talking about the 'oh, that's okay, my backup will be activated' dead, I'm talking about the forever kind.

And the Earth is a smoking crater.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Well if I was in Eclipse Phase I feel like I would probably be alive, because the people who are dead aren't actually IN Eclipse Phase. I mean, they might exist within the Eclipse Phase universe, but that doesn't mean they're a part of the actual game.

Also, considering that I'll never actually be in Eclipse Phase, I'm just going to stick with the assumption that I'd probably remain male-gendered, simply because I don't know better.

Maybe closed-minded, but a safe bet to be sure.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Hehe, good point.

Though, the Eclipse Phase books make a careful note of never actually specifying dates (clever!) but they DO have two mentions of traditional common era dates: 2025 for the founding of a Martian city and 1983 being the year a character was 18 years old.

Which means that, by my guesstimation, Eclipse Phase's apocalyptse (the Fall) takes place right about around 2045.

OH HO!

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THUR!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Course, in Eclipse Phase, computers exceeded human intelligence a decade before the Fall, but they were kept secret. The TITANs - Total Information Tactical Awareness Networks - were a netwar project that became self aware (like Skynet) and got infected by an alien virus to become destructive.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
That sucks. Computer's are a bit scary sometimes though, which is why I like my little Toshiba laptop. It gets the job done and it's not going to plot my death at night.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
It's just another X-risk. We've been dealing with those since 1945.

...course, the fact that we're not all twitching balls of paranoia after almost seventy years of living with the constant threat of global extinction hanging over our head is a testament to our mental resilience, optimism...or willful ignorance.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm watching Day9.

I have such a huge crush on Day9.

He won the "sexiest nerd of show" medal at a Starcraft 2 tournament!

day9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.