Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is kinda a romantic mystery, I guess. Or so I've been told. They do follow clues throughout the book. But those clues come from their dreams. It's . . . complicated lol

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
:flag: Well, i'm going off to read now. Nighty night everyone. Peace out! xx

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
MysteryRiter, have you been asked the TWFT questions? At least these are the ones I had to answer when I started posting on here. :D

1. Your Name (or what you want us to call you).
2. Age (you dont have to say it if you don't want to).
3. What genre you write.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I was just planning my next book. I'm putting aside editing for a little. And no I haven't been asked any questions. Should I have been?

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I *think* so. It's not by any means required. But I've noticed over the past year or so, that nearly every time a new AWer comes to the TWFT forum, they're asked those questions. :D

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
They're the initiation questions. I used to be the one to ask them, but I've gotten lax in the last couple of months.

You don't have to answer them but it's GREATLY ENCOURAGED. :D I'm not entirely sure when we started asking them but I think it was in version one somewhere.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Zoe just posted them.

MysteryRiter, have you been asked the TWFT questions? At least these are the ones I had to answer when I started posting on here. :D

1. Your Name (or what you want us to call you).
2. Age (you dont have to say it if you don't want to).
3. What genre you write.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh. Wow I feel stupid. And where do I put the answers if I do answer them. I'm kinda reluctant to post my name an age...

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
You just post them here on the thread. You don't need to post your actual name, just what you want us to call you. I'm BG to a lot of the people here, although occasionally there'll be something new (or old but suddenly show up again).

Oh, and Keags, this is for you:

Heart-of-My-Heart_Chocolate_Cupcakes.jpg

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Hii guys! Sorry I've been absent as of late. ;_; My mood has been crazy and I've been all blahhh and down in the dumps. >.>; And I don't wanna be a downer. xD; But I've decided to return since I remember you guys always make me feel better. <3

And thank you sooo much BG! ;_; I know I already was talking to you in AIM and thanked you there, but omg. Something that small just made me feel so much better. <3

This is why I love you guys. xD

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Um... Okay...
1) I won't share my real name but you can call MW (MysteryWriter)
2) I won't share my age either but I will tell you that I am a teen.
3) And I write YA Mysteries. I'm in the process of querying: sent out 15 queries, 4 rejections so far. I am about to begin another novel as well. This may be a dumb question but remember I'm still new: is any TWFT here published. Like real published not self-pub.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
We have a few published and several agented twifties. Unfortunately, most of them don't hang out here as much as they used to. Kody Keplinger is one of them. I also consider Hannah Moskowitz an honorary twiftie.

ETA: Hannah used to hang out with us once in awhile in the beginning of the thread.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Ok dumb question number two: who is kody? Like what's the screen name. I'm still not familiar with the nicknames.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Shady Lane (Hannah Moskowitz) is published, so is Blind Writer (Kody Keplinger), and then there's inkspatters (Vee Naidoo) who has a book coming out. All sold their books as teenagers and/or are still teenagers. There are plenty of published authors on the forum outside this thread.

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question:
What would be the starting price of an oil based painting of an unknown Spanish woman painted in the early 1500s by an unknown artist, if one were to try to sell it at an auction in the 1890s–1900s?

Really specific question, I know. But any answer at all will suffice. I've been looking all over for an answer that even remotely points me in the right direction!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question:
What would be the starting price of an oil based painting of an unknown Spanish woman painted in the early 1500s by an unknown artist, if one were to try to sell it at an auction in the 1890s–1900s?

Really specific question, I know. But any answer at all will suffice. I've been looking all over for an answer that even remotely points me in the right direction!

Try the nice people in the Story Research section.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry. Can't help you with that question. I assume your nickname is lilly? Still learning them.
Anyway, I was just beginning my next novel. Dunno if it's traditional to show you guys how I write but I don't have any links for you to read or anything. Just thought you might wanna know what type of writer I am:
This hasn't been edited (so don't judge the careless mistakes) and I don't really want to be critted but I thought you guys would want to read something I wrote. Consider it part of my initiation. BTW "Kyle" dies in about two pages. HaHaHa... (I chortle sadistically)
Music blared, tempers ignited, congratulatory statements were tossed about indifferently, snide comments led to an uproar of raucous laughter, men shouted, the shrill screaming of excited fans filled the room and Kyle was the center of it all.
Pudgy, red-faced men who were here just for the drinking bellowed and chanted while merrily clinking glasses, beads of sweat lining their foreheads, casual book lovers prattled on about Kyle’s most recent book through drinks, his writing acquaintances – dressed in smart Italian suits and ties – drifted into the corner where they formally discussed their opinions on recent bestsellers, his friends and family hovered about while zealous fans mobbed Kyle, only to be hindered by his brawny security guards who wore the same boring, black T-shirt, the same conspicuous, white earpieces and had their arms folded ominously. The fans reluctantly dispersed, leaving Kyle alone with his two security guards. Kyle sat at the bar, slowly sipped his drink and surveyed the unfolding scene. His ears were ringing from the tumult, his vision was blurry and his head was numb from the chaotic atmosphere. He snorted. Book premiers. They seem to be more and more painful with each novel; luckily, this was the anticipated last in the series. After this, he would be done with book premiers. For good.

Status
Not open for further replies.