Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
@amlptj not bad so far, thanks. Haven't done much. haha. Lazy day :) Oh, i did upgrade my phone though. Wooot!
How are you?
and ABW is fine by me xD

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm good, at work writing, hehehe.

And you can call me Ally!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
oh, alright. :)
Hey Ally.
I'm writing too but it's taking it's toll. My characters emotions are all over the place. haha.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha!

yeah i just got finished with my hardest writting for this book, so the rest is going to be a peice of cake!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Not at all! Uh... this book is about a mass serial killer who my characters accidently stumble upon, who has been killing on the clock of holidays for the last 27 years. They attempt to stop him, but the guy starts targeting them, and is super clever and like a freaking ghost. Theres also alot of subplots too that include, a romeo and julet sort of secret romance, a 13 year hidden crush, and an abusive relationship.

What about you?

ETA: Morning Ky

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Ally, mines definately not as complex as yours. Clearly. I feel kind of ashamed now. Hahaa. Mines about a girl named Anna, who in among a family of 6, is the only born vampire (aside from her dad) and has to deal with her twin brother and their weird connection and her dad is kidnapped and basically trying to save him and then there's other bits and pieces that i'm working on. It all seemed great when i thought of the idea... haha

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh dont feel ashamed! It sounds like a great idea!

hehehe my Second Gen series is kind of like that but not with vampires but with Freaks (what my characters are) some kids born freaks some not.

Is it your first book? Yeah this is the eight in my series, not all my books are this complicated... well no wait... maybe they are... but sometimes thats not really the best thing.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
haha yeah this is my first book. I've had other ideas in the past and started them but never got further than maybe 10 pages. I'm currently on 48,000 words so far so i'm trucking on like a good'un :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's great!

Yeah the first one is ALWAYS the hardest. It took me three years to finish my first book, and then i re-wrote it over 5 times! hehehe. But you seem to be making great progress!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So now I'm curious, are you taking any librities with the whole vampire legend? Are they able to walk in the day time or still creatures of the night? I'm going to assume they are good vampires?

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
haha well the family are good, but there are rogues and a council. let's just say these good'uns end up in jail a few times. haha. The sunlight only bothers them when they've just been turned. When they're older they can stand a bit of sunlight. To be honest, i haven't really thought of the differences, i've just written it. Like, i guess i'm used to certain traits vampires hold, and kept them. I might go back and change parts once i've finished.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh that's cool. To be honest I'm a big fan of keeping vampired with the old usual legends.

Way back when, before vampires became popular i thought of writing a vampire book, but i was going to use science to explain everything about them (i'm a huge science geek!)

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ah cool. I like science... sometimes. lol. Have you read the Gone series? Thats pretty hard core sci-fi (for me!) and i love the series. Very... gross and yet very addictive.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
nope sorry, never read it, but I actually dont get time to read much anymore. And when i do have time i chose to write instead, but i'm creating a huge list of books i want to read, i'll put that on it!

Yeah i'm a huge science nerd, that's why my books are heavy into the real science that make up my Freaks, becuase if there is one thing that really bugs me about books and movies, its when you get these extraordinary people and there is no explanation why they are extraordinary... so I make sure all my stuff can be backed up by real life science!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh well. That's pretty cool. Do you listen to music while writing?
Always amazes me when some authors have specific songs that they put on playlists for their books as i just turn on shuffle on itunes and have no idea what songs comes on at any exact point. lol

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i have certan playlists for each of my books, just a whole bunch of over all songs that either remind me of the book in general or of specific scenes/situations, but i just put that playlist on shuffle, so its not like i'm listening to that one song that reminds me of that one scene over and over again or anything.

The music fades into just background noise when i write though, it just helps to get me motivated to write and that's pretty much all it does.

Although when i'm not writing and just listening to music some songs have been known to pop some awesome ideas into my head.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Oh well. That's pretty cool. Do you listen to music while writing?
Always amazes me when some authors have specific songs that they put on playlists for their books as i just turn on shuffle on itunes and have no idea what songs comes on at any exact point. lol

That always amazes me too. Sometimes I have one or two songs that remind me of a WIP, but I could never find enough to make a complete playlist. I just listen to Pandora. There was one scene in CT that I wrote while listening to "Just a Kiss" for a reason, but that's the only time that's happened.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
see I have a lot of songs that remind me of my books because my books deal alot with fighting and running, and taking down enemies and, rioting. If you guys listen to Rock music, you will find that's all rockers really sing about!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Aw. I tend to listen to a lot of sad music for some of my stories... or anything if it's a general scene.
I just entered my first short story competition! haha. Took me ages to find one that was free entry. I started to apply to one, only to find it was a £15 entry and i was like "wtf? i can't afford that!" and i really can't at the moment. So yeah... to say i was a little deflated would be an understatement. But i'm chuffed with myself. It's the start of competing to win something and i'm pretty scared. Argh

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Aw. I tend to listen to a lot of sad music for some of my stories... or anything if it's a general scene.
I just entered my first short story competition! haha. Took me ages to find one that was free entry. I started to apply to one, only to find it was a £15 entry and i was like "wtf? i can't afford that!" and i really can't at the moment. So yeah... to say i was a little deflated would be an understatement. But i'm chuffed with myself. It's the start of competing to win something and i'm pretty scared. Argh

I know the feeling. I don't really look for contests for that reason. Did you background check it first?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
never entered any contests, always too busy to ever come up with a short idea outside of my series. But GOOD LUCK!

Ok perfect example of a general song that would pretty much fit every single book in my series. Breaking Benjamin "I will not Bow"

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I don't really look for contests for that reason. Did you background check it first?

No i didnt do background check... mainly because it came from a short story website that listed all the national contests. It was free so really it doesnt matter. It's not like i was planning on publishing it anyway. It was something i did for an english assignment lol i was just like "ah why not?"

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
No i didnt do background check... mainly because it came from a short story website that listed all the national contests. It was free so really it doesnt matter. It's not like i was planning on publishing it anyway. It was something i did for an english assignment lol i was just like "ah why not?"

Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.