YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, peeps!

I see the thread is dead though...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, you are all paling in comparison to my latest work of literary genius. :tongue I'm in the honeymoon phase and trying to make the most of it.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
My brother is reading my current draft, and he just informed me that I used the tag "said" too much, and that I should vary it up.

Don't know how to feel right now...

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
It's better to use "said" though. Just as long as you don't use it too much in a section of dialogue, I think you're okay. I actually made that mistake in a short story for class. I was reading it aloud in class and I thought, Oh crap. Why the hell did I do this last minute? *facepalm*

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I tend to have no tags at all in first drafts. Which gets confusing when I YAWN lol.

I'm still trying to figure out this beats issue I keep having. When revising, I keep skipping adding them. Sigh...

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I hate editing too! I keep thinking that I'm finished editing but when I go back there's always more mistakes that are almost sneering at me...
Anyway, I thought I was done editing last week. But no... more mistakes are waiting right about now!

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I am so happy! I just got a whiteboard. I've always wanted a whiteboard. Now I can fill it with random SNI's and ideas for LL. Yay!

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Cash!

I have a whiteboard. It's also half corkboard. But at the moment, I have no place to hang it up in my room. And I sort of accidentally sucked up the screws for it using the vacuum. I didn't notice they were on the lower shelf of my night table and suddenly I hear rattling and I'm like crap... There were screws were for some shelves too. Ah well.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I feel like coloring stuff, for some reason. *goes to find My Little Pony coloring pages to print out*

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
OHMYGOODNESSGRACIOUSGLORYHALLELUJAH.

IFINISHEDTHEDEATHLYHALLOWS.

Wow. Wow wow wow. Wowwowwowwow.

I am still teary eyed.

I spent the whole day reading. I got to the end when we were at my aunts. I wasn't fit to be seen.

Spoilers ahead for those who haven't read it. I think all of you have, though. I'm on my iPad, so there is no way I can get white font or whatever.

I seriously thought Hagrid was going to get himself killed.

I cried when I read that Fred was killed. Only a little. not much compared to the rest of it.

I cried when I read that Lupin and Tonks died. It was weird, I cried over them being dead the most. I don't really know why. It was just... I don't know.

I was absolutely shocked when Snape was killed. I didn't like him for the beginning of the book. Until after Harry saw his memory. Then I felt REALLY bad.

I cried during Snapes memory.

I cried when Sirius and Lupin and all of them appeared, kind of like Cedric Diggory and Harry's parents in Goblet of Fire, I guess. I really cried then. (Oh dear. Here comes the tears again.)

I had to laugh when Mrs Weasley yelled out "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!" or whatever. It's somewhere along those lines. That really cheered me up, I guess.

The last lines before the epilogue were really nice, in my opinion. Especially about his wand. I would've done the same thing.

The epilogue was really sweet, I guess. It was weird reading about Harry and all of them being adults. I wanted to know what happened to Ted (Lupin), though.

But, when I read "Albus Severes" and what Harry said about Snape, I cracked. (Like I am now.) I bawled. It wasn't explainable.

I loved the book. Harry Potter is definitely better than The Hunger Games, which WAS my favorite series. Too bad all of the movies started when I was younger. I would've been a bigger fan than what I am now. But, since THG is starting now...

I have to wait for my cousin (well, aunt really. Haha. I call her sister my aunt,nso it's all confusing) to finish the first book. I need to reread them all as soon as I can. My family renting all of the movies next week while we are camping, and we're going to watch them all and go see the second part in theaters before it goes out. I don't think it will be leaving theaters any time soon.

I need a Gryffindor scarf. Actually, I need to go to the Harry Potter park in Florida (we went to Universal last year just to go to the Harry Potter. We got to the park and realized that it wasn't opened yet. Fail.) and buy all of this stuff and taste the Butterbeer they have. I think they have some there.

That is my long post about Harry Potter. Thanks for reading it all.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
We went through the same thing, Taylor. Except I think I may have cried more. So much crying. Any time I reread it, or even reread a chapter of it, the tears start to fall.

I'm happy you liked it. I know a lot of people who don't.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I agree completely with all of that. There has never been a book that made me cry harder than Deathly Hallows. I hated Snape all the way up until the part with his memories. Now I kind of love him.

Also, I have a Gryffindor scarf. I fully intend to wear it at college when I have to walk to class through the snow.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I know! I felt bad for him in The Order of the Phoenix, when we looked back into his memories about him being bullied, then I hated him during The Half Blood Prince, and then I went back to liking him in The Deathly Hallows. I didn't think that he liked Lily, actually, until when I read it.

I didn't understand why he asked Harry to look at him before he died. But then when I was reading up about the characters on Wikipedia, I understood why, because Harry had his mothers eyes and Snape loved Lily. Then I began to cry again.

Oh my.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I can't read the line, "Still after all this time?" "Always." Without breaking down. It's one of my favorite lines from the whole book. I can't believe I managed to go from wanting to murder Snape to him being one of my favorite characters. Rowling is a genius.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I always knew Snape was good, because Dumbledore trusted Snape. And JK wouldn't build Dumbledore up to be the greatest, most wonderful, most intelligent, most beautiful wizard only for him to be a dumbass.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I have an SNI! I know what I will be working on once I'm done with LL, which will hopefully be in the next few weeks. *needs to update siggy*

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading the Half Blood Prince and maybe it's because I'm just that smart, but I've spent most of the book going, "It's Snape. It's Snape. GODDAMNIT HARRY, THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE IS SNAPE! PAY ATTENTION FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
@Tally - True. But don't go all smart on me. J.K. Rowling sure knew how to write it to seem like he was bad. Well, to me at least.

ETA:mad:Zoom - I had feeling after he caught Harry doing that spell in Malfoy that the Half Blood Prince was him.

Last edited:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
The scene that hit me the hardest was in the Order of the Phoenix, where Nevil's mom gives him a candy wrapper and I kinda break down blubbering.

Status
Not open for further replies.