Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Should I wait and kill the daughter, of a character in my book, in a later book, or do it in the first one? Hmmm... So many questions, so little time.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
DONE! pwah... I've realized I still need to do the cover, so I end up with 9 pages for the remaining 7 days. I'm gonna dieeee...

The voice novel sounds cool o.o This is the third Darren I've encountered recently...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Imma try and finish outlining Chapter Two of Underdogs or the chapter nots and then go to bed.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Well, to take my mind of my question and characters and that idea that keeps haunting me based of Viva La Vida and those LEGOs, I shall start The Half Blood Prince. Thank the Lord the print is bigger and the book is smaller than The Order of the Phoenix. People say this is the best one... Hoepfully it is. Though, TOP (That's whatI'm calling it now. Much shorter) was good. I actually felt bad for Snape...

/ramble

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at Starbucks. Planning to get a lot of revisions done here. On page 21 of 178. But it'll be more than 178 by the time I'm done. Purely expanding right now.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
GO KARLA.

I am currently doing a small spot of research.

ETA: Concerning the outlining, I fancy adding a bit of colour - a different one for each act for visiual 'impact' and aid - once I've done all the details.

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Seahome keeps ending up more and more similar to Little Mermaid. But not in major ways, like plot or anything.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Also, Tally, before I forget, email me that blog post when you're done. :)

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I should probably outline so I don't forget the scenes I have in mind for Act 1. But I'll do that after this scene.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
My Otakuthon wig came!
Wigs! <3

MY MAIN CHARACTER IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE! I DON'T WANT HIM TO BE BUT HE HAS TO BE! ARRRRRRGH! *throws self off cliff*
I see no problem with this.

In what ways?
1. They're exploring a shipwreck at the beginning. No sharks, and it's not the only shipwreck in the book, but still.
2. Singing stuff. It's not the water-dwelling character who starts the singing.
3. (the newest one) I'm planning to basically have my antagonist pretend to be someone he's not because he wants to pull the love interest away from said protagonist. Like I said earlier, he's big on seduction.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am hoping that with an outline...

1. I'll write quicker

2. The plot will be better, especially in terms of how similar some scenes seem to be... *cringes*

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
1. They're exploring a shipwreck at the beginning. No sharks, and it's not the only shipwreck in the book, but still.
2. Singing stuff. It's not the water-dwelling character who starts the singing.
3. (the newest one) I'm planning to basically have my antagonist pretend to be someone he's not because he wants to pull the love interest away from said protagonist. Like I said earlier, he's big on seduction.

Win. Just win.

ETA: I'm sure it doesn't make sense having Matthew seeing Carla Change in one chapter and then find out she's a half-werewolf in the next, but I put them in the outline anyway.

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, thanks Lisa.

Hm...well, I think in a way it could make some sense. At least finding out the "half" part.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I hate your FMC's name, Lisa. :tongue It's all about Karla with a K! :D

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
But to be fair, I kinda want to name my daughter (if I have one) Erica Carla. Flipping my first/middle name and changing the letters lol. But I don't think I actually will if it happens haha

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds cute. :D

ETA: Itunes has done it's full cycle of all the songs on it (where they go through every song on shuffle) so I am going to bed. I cannot be creative without music or a film, and it's late. 'Night, guys. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get that last note for Suns and Stars so that I can start Chapter Thirteen when I go away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.