Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I understand completely.

It kind of dawned on me recently that I am not actually writing romance novels. It was a strange realization, lol.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the romance formula is that it ends when the couple finally gets together after as many obstacles as possible. My characters tend toward getting together halfway through and then needing to go through a lot of other crap before things settle down around them and they can focus on just being together.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Matthew and Carla will have to get through three books worth of crap - including love dilemmas on both sides - before getting together.

You can have romance with bittersweet endings. I mean, look at Romeo and Juliet. And no, I don't like it, I'm just using it as an example.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Mine doesn't have a bittersweet ending, it's just a matter of, "Oh, I'm not writing genre romance. I'm writing fantasy that happens to be heavy on the romance."

Romeo and Juliet falls more into tragic love story than actual romance. Yesterday I would have called it romance, then I read this thread: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219745. It addresses the difference between romance and just love stories.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
This is copied from a status of a FB page:

Police say man accused of killing 93 people in Norway admits responsibility for friday's attacks but denies he has broken the law.

All I can say to that is, what a TWAT.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and he was a Christian fundamentalist. Hmmm... what did the Bible say? Oooh, yeah: Thou shalt NOT KILL.

Stupid man. I hope he rots in hell.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
No writing yet today. Yesterday I wrote two very important scenes, including the one that came out epic-short. Later I have to write...I dunno what scene.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll figure it out. Stopped fiddling with the playlist, then? ;)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Tally and HR.

The Weeping Angels are CREEPY. "Blink" has got to be the scariest Dr. Who episode I've ever seen. And I'm SCARED of the Cybermen.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
The Cybermen are hilarious.

"THE DALEKS HAVE NO CONCEPT OF ELEGANCE!"
"This is obvious."

Silence, Weeping Angels, Vashta Nerada... basically, if Steven Moffat created it, I'm scared.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I just... gah... THE WEEPING ANGELS! THE SILENCE! CRAIG! RIVER!

Silence, Weeping Angels, Vashta Nerada... basically, if Steven Moffat created it, I'm scared.

I KNOW. :D River and the eyepatch! The astronaut! HITLER!

Blink never really scared me. Possibly because I saw Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone first.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I actually haven't seen 'Blink' in it's entirety. But the Angels are so creepy in Season 5, too.

Cybermen crack me up. The Daleks do too, except in 'Dalek' when I got kinda teary. Most of RTD's episodes were funny. Scariest was 'Turn Left', 'cause of the idea that a single choice could effectively destroy the universe.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I watched "The Stolen Earth" today. I'm desperate to know when the next episode will be on the channel I was watching.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right, I finished the scene I was writing, so now I'm going to bed. 'Night, guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.