Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
The crush thing.

I just discovered the original, unedited version of Arabian Nights on my computer. No clue where I got it, but yaaaaaay.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I used to have an iPod. And then I switched to a Zune.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Zune. I love the Zune Pass and being able to listen to an unlimited number of songs and keep songs with no DRM. But their selection can get so limited. I can't tell you how many times I was let down that a song/album whatever is unavailable. I should get used to it but it always makes me sad. :( It's a rights issue I think... Not to mention all the times I'd forgotten to use my song credits and they expire...It has totally added up to at least 30-40 songs that I could have kept. I just wish they didn't have them expire... *grumbles*

Anyway, I haven't revised yet. Been doing school stuff. Hoping I get to revisions tonight though

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
It's going alright! My friend and I came up with a good beginning for my story, and we also revamped one of the characters ever so slightly. We changed his profession. >w<; I'm currently am plotting chapters 1-3.

AND HI KARLA.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Woo, good work Keag :D

I feel like I should write something, so...I will finish organizing the folder I'm on, eat something for dinner and then set to work on my daily word count.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Ari.

I am WRITING. Maybe Tristan LOVES Harry Potter so much that he hangs out more when I'm listening to wrock?

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
If that's the case, she has good taste.

ETA: Antibiotics are good. Why can't you take them?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's a 'he'. *goes to edit previous post*.

I just referenced Harry Potter. In the second draft, I'm going to try and mention them going to see the last movie. :D

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Just remember that that dates your novel, Lisa. Especially since it won't be a published book right away.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I know. I have a lot of references in my book, and I'm going to try and cull them when I edit. However, I don't see that saying they're "seeing the latest Harry Potter movie" will date it too much seeing as the phenomanam has been around since 1997.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, even Harry Potter is dated-- in GOF, Harry mentions that Dudley has a Playstation.

ETA: This was an observation made when my dad tried to argue that Harry Potter could have taken place anytime in the 20th century.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Are you saying that in a bad way, or a "it's possible to get published even with references" way, Tally?

ETA: One of my characters is stupid and does not understand that magic is REAL!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Just hit 10k on my YA UF.
Wooo!

Hey, even Harry Potter is dated-- in GOF, Harry mentions that Dudley has a Playstation.

ETA: This was an observation made when my dad tried to argue that Harry Potter could have taken place anytime in the 20th century.
Oh, the Playstation...I remember those. It bugs me that the PS3 plays original PS games but not those from the PS2. Not that I'm complaining about my ability to play FF8, but I would like to be able to replay KH2.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Yay Para!

Oh! By the way. I am currently outlining using the spreadsheet method and it is working wonders for me. :hooray:

The junkyard is being organized!

And I think Karla means it will be forever dated to July 2011 if they see the last Harry Potter movie in theaters.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it is set July - September this year (at the moment). Yes, I am writing something set a few months from now, despite not knowing what's going to happen then.

Status
Not open for further replies.