Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm really sick, but I'm still being dragged around Toronto and forbidden to tell anybody that the reason I can't eat is because I feel like there are knives in my throat! Hurray!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Why are you not allowed to tell anybody that?

Debating when the best time is to put my opening scene of Suns and Stars after I finish it. I know a lot of people do it when they've revised the first chapter, but I'd like to do it before, despite hearing that you shouldn't share your first draft. I'm trying to remember what Para said concerning revision tips a while ago.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, nothing like lifting heavy files in the morning... So hows everyone doing? Anything new?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ky and Ally. :)

I'm good, writing the second scene/section in Chapter 11 and watching Breakfast at Tiffany's (I recorded it ages ago) right now. It is a really sweet film.

What about you guys?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Just got done some heavy lifting at work... had to move files into a muggy damp dusty room... Now trying to figure out what i'm going to write... I feel a little stuck after the excitment of yesterday... Trying to figure out if it all makes sense...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
No not really.... i didnt realize when i wrote it i had the scene take place 3 days before it was suppose to... That's not a big deal, the big deal is the length of time between what's going to happen next and the Characters reactions... I'm usually so careful with timing... but for some reason i didnt take into account that a guy who was beaten so bad he needed reconstuctive surgury on his face, has 2 broken arms, a broken leg, collasped lung, broken ribs, ruptured spleen and kindey and massive internal bleeding would need a LOT of healing time. This throws everything off now.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Para. How's it going?

Also, could you explain the spreedsheet method, possibly with some visual examples? I want to save it to my bookmarks so I can use it for future refrence (i.e. I'm going to try it out with my next project).

ETA: Hmm, Ally... Maybe you could edit it a bit or put in some other scenes?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love too but with the Holiday Hacker killing on holidays i only have from the Feb. 16 (when Chris is beaten) to March 16th (St Patricks day the Hacker strikes again) for the other stuff to unfold...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I think Tally reposted my spiel about spreadsheet plotting a few pages back.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Do you remember which page?

Also, same topic, possibly a silly question: Do you fill it all in before writing?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Do you remember which page?

Afraid not. Go to Tally's profile and check her last posts.

Also, same topic, possibly a silly question: Do you fill it all in before writing?

I try to, but some things you have to discover along the way. I'm about 10k into my YA UF right now and I'm running out of beginning. It's about time to sit down and hammer out that spreadsheet.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I read it, and when you say across from, I presume you mean act - chapter
chapter
chapter

I'm trying to visualise how it would look, but I am failing.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Para! :D

I'm almost done with your edits, I think. Just have the climax and the end to tackle. :D

Wow, that's fast! If you'd like, I could take a quick look at it when you're done. I'll use the compare document function to look at all the changes. Shouldn't take more than half an hour.

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, if you like, sure! I made the changes in a separate document from the one you wrote all your comments in though... so yeah.

But yep, the plan is to tackle the end tomorrow, or tonight if I have time, and go through it once more on Thursday and see if there's anything else that needs tweaking based on your feedback.

Aaaand then I sit back and wait for more beta comments to come in. And do it again. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
God my timing is all screwy now... how did i not see this coming? And then the police investigation! *facepalm* God how i hate investigations and that hell... it always ruins my timing...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
anyone want to help me with a theoretical (sp?) question?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.