Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I expect you're going to be listening to that song (which is pretty awesome by the way) on repeat while you're writing that scene. Am I right?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep! That and "Never Again" by Nickleback and maybe a few others i can find that deal sort of with abuse.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I love it when there's a song that fits perfectly with a scene - it's a perfect excuse to put the song on repeat. :D Unfortunately, I haven't found a song like that for any of the scenes in this chapter. The next one where I have a song/scene like that is in Chapter Thirteen. If more songs were like that, then when I was listening to an album (which is what I tend to listen to when writing - the playlist itself is mostly for inspiration - mostly outside of writing time) if a song came up like that, then it would be on repeat. For AGES.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I have a lot of songs like that. That fit either my book itself or the scene perfectly! I always play them on repeat to get me in the mood to write them. There are actually two scenes i'm really looking forwards to use "face down" This scene where Pip almost kills Chris, and then when Laura almost kills him

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
AHHH i cant stop smiling thinking about how awesome this scene will be! FINALLY!!! Now i just have to calm down and write it!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, write it!

I also find that having such random music taste can help with finding songs that fit PERFECTLY.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Really? I have a very limited range and i find tons of songs. Well i think that's because alot of the songs that fit great are that of angry ranting about taking people down and what not... that's all that Rock music is filled of now a days and its awesome!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places for new music? I'm not a big fan of generic pop music for playlists though - mostly songs like that only make it onto playlists if they really fit.

ETA: Hi, Ky. :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Morning Ky

Well its what works for your book! AHHHH face down just came on!!!!

I really want to rock out to it, but i'm in work!!!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
GOD! just when i'm about to start... she wants me to do work! NOOOOO!!!

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing character sketches for the story. The sickly brother looks like a gloomy zombie xD

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Lol. I should be writing, but I can't seem to be able to get into the vibe.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's cool you can draw your characters, me i have no artistic ability what so ever! I can do stick figures of my characters and that's pretty much it! So instead i found a website where you can search through models and stuff and i just take those pictures that look most like my characters, hehehe there on my blog.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I can't draw my characters either. However I can find overall and love theme songs.

How do you guys get in the vibe to write?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
blast some music that reminds me of the scene or book i'm writing, sit down and think about how awesome what I'm going to write is, and then think of the feeling of what it feels like to finish a book. It also helps me to think of my next book and awesome scenes in it because it drives me to finish this book faster.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Guessing.

ETA: Continuing the blurb for the werewolf/zero-to-hero story idea I had the other day. It may or may not be my next project, but can I post the blurb on here when I finish it?

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I guess so! UHG every time I get on the verge of writing the scene someone wants me to do work!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I keep getting all these awesome ideas lately and urges to write blurbs and find songs that fit. Is this a sign that there's something wrong with Suns and Stars or something?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
No, every author gets the urge to stop what they are writing and start a SNI. It's only natural, I get them, but know i cant write them so i just resist the urge.

Nothing is wrong with your book

ETA! AHHHHHHHHHH I"M FINALLY WRITING IT!!!

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's not so much the urge to start writing them - but sometimes an SNI will bug me and I have to do SOMETHING, y'know? I mean, I could, in a break, pick an idea that bugs me (the werewolf/zero-to-hero one, the heaven and hell one, a pop punk version of Cinderalla, a LBGT romance and a Glee-style comedy are ideas I would love to work on next, but they're only the major ones) and start planning it? What do you suggest? Bearing in mind I am trying to write as much of Suns and Stars before I go away in just over TWO WEEKS.

Also, there is a part of me that thinks I'm trying to put too much pressure on myself to finish. It's just - it's easier to plan in a notebook with the iPod then it is to write huge blocks in a notebook (one - two chapters is fine, if I have enough notes already.

Okay, I'll try and stop rambling.

ETA: My werewolf/zero-to-hero book idea. I am thinking this could be a trilogy, so this is the overall plot mixed with the first book, if that makes sense. I'm not an expert at writing blurbs!

Matthew has always dreamed about being a hero. And he's never had a chance to be one… until he comes across a girl being attacked by two werewolves and saves her. Now Matthew is caught up in the world of half-werewolves and the people determined to rid the world of them. Now he feels like he has the chance to become a hero - like his favourite, Harry Potter.

Carla is a half-werewolf and is being targeted. Her mother was a werewolf, her father was a human. One day, she is attacked - nearly to death - by a pair of werewolves who believe in 'pure' werewolves - but rescued by Matthew. Now he is caught up in her world - and she has to decide whether or not she wants him to stay or go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.