Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Ally and I, and sometimes Zoom, are the people who are around most once it gets late(r) usually. Zoe used to be, but she's not around as much anymore.

OTWOV

is Learning to Fly: solo
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed. I'm always here trying to meet new people, seeing as I've just started posting, and whereas I like all the people I've met, I do feel like, as my status bar says, the new fish.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
There are only a few regulars at this point. Tally, HR, Ky, me, Lisa, Ally, and Parump (I think. Sorry if I forgot you! ...it's late and I'm kinda tired). NoG (NoGuessing), Glo, Zoom, Zoe, Para, (para)taxis, Race (Rachel), and Keags show up more often than a lot of people who used to come. And I know I'm forgetting people here, and I'm sorry. There are also some new people who I can't remember.

ETA Oh, and there's Ink. It's been a while, but every once in a while....

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I recognize quite a few of those names. I love coming here because I'm surrounded by people I want to be like ShadyLane(?) who have been published multiple times and who continue to write everyday. I haven't written in two years. I had about 25k done of my first manuscript at that time, and I just kind of gave up on the idea. And listening to a lot of people talk on here, or write I guess, I've learned to hold onto projects all the way until their finished, because everyday I see a post about someone who just finished their manuscript, and I want to be them. :)

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Shady's been around even longer than I have, and I've been around for a while. ... It feels a lot longer than a bit over three years.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
I was on one site for a few years when I had first started getting published. WritingDotCom, it was interesting I was frequently involved in chats and discussions, but the whole site was really informal, and there was no real proven talent there, like there is here. There, I was one of the few who was published, now I think I'm in the minority for not having completed a manuscript.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats!

Hi OTWOV! What does everyone call you? I used to be a super regular poster but I've stopped posting as much. I felt like I put it A LOT of time into the forums, and I wanted to change that.

In celebration of a completed first draft, I started making a new mock-up cover. Same photo from the previous one I have, but it's got new colors and and whatnot. I think it looks a lot better. Though I still have to fix some pixel issues. From all the layers I've done, the color is splotchy in some places, so I'm gonna soften the edges. I spent 3 hours on it already, and I'm finally ready for bed.

Night guys! Sorry for stopping by then leaving straight away. That's sorta what I tend to do lately.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, you can call me Ethan, Emerson, Captain Roy if you're feeling daring and sensual, or String (this last one is hard to explain) And congrats on completing your novel. It's people like you who got me interested in these forums.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still here lol.

Well, it's been extremely hard for me to finish my novels. My last one was completed Dec 09 and the one before that in March 07 (the ffirst one). I wouldn't count myself as a person that would help interest people to be a part of the forums, though. Or maybe that's just my humbleness speaking lol

Decided to play around with the text color and layout on the cover. I think the pixel thing doesn't look that bad, so I didn't have to fix much of it.

I'll probably share it tomorrow when I can make it a decent size for the forum - not too big or small.

I'm finally gonna head off to bed lol

ETA: I was supposed to submit the first part of the reply ages ago and had planned on staying for a few, but then I forgot to hit Post reply so that's why it seems like I'm posting then leaving again lol. And aww I miss you too BG!

Ta ta!

NoGuessing

Buzz
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still here lol.

Well, it's been extremely hard for me to finish my novels. My last one was completed Dec 09 and the one before that in March 07 (the ffirst one). I wouldn't count myself as a person that would help interest people to be a part of the forums, though. Or maybe that's just my humbleness speaking lol

Decided to play around with the text color and layout on the cover. I think the pixel thing doesn't look that bad, so I didn't have to fix much of it.

I'll probably share it tomorrow when I can make it a decent size for the forum - not too big or small.

I'm finally gonna head off to bed lol

ETA: I was supposed to submit the first part of the reply ages ago and had planned on staying for a few, but then I forgot to hit Post reply so that's why it seems like I'm posting then leaving again lol. And aww I miss you too BG!

Ta ta!

Congratulations on finishing Karla. Finishing the damn book is the ticket.:D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Morning! Hi NG!!!

Haven't seen you around here for a while. How are you?

I'm working on my 'weres'...

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
*drags self out of bed* Tomorrow morning I'm leaving to go camping and I haven't packed or anything. In three hours I'm going to a wedding. Why do I procrastinate so much?

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Getting a good amount of editing done, yeah! What are you working on at present?

Status
Not open for further replies.