Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Hey guys!

I'm almost to the 17k mark in my wip. This is so exciting because I haven't written/worked on anything is SO long.

To those going to go see HP have fun! I haven't seen part one so I won't be going to go see it any time soon.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just going to come out and say it.

I am SO glad I can't get into GRRM. SO SO GLAD.

The Hunger Games series had me sobbing my eyes out for about 6 hours. I hate to imagine what'd be left of me after GRRM's books from the glimpses I've seen.

NoGuessing

Buzz
Registered
Reaction score
I was surprised the first time, but before the second biggie I very vaguely remembered an old conversation I read on a forum and began to suspect everything was about to go wrong.

There is a saying on the intarwebz; "Every time you whine about ADWD not being finished, Martin kills a character."

So I blame all those whiners if someone is dead.:D

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Teehee.

Now, I'm feeling sad about character death.

So what do I do?

Write Die Hard, if all the terrorists were actually weirdly likable and established a rapport between themselves and John McClain...before he has to kill them due to irreconcilable political differences.

Because I'm hypocritical!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Yup!

*gleefully kills everyone*

BUT I make sure to give my mains happy endings. That...makes up for it?

I don't know. Also, how many words of a 60,000 YA story can I devote to a military court? WHO KNOWS!?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Speech! Speech!

SPEECH!

Next, the accuser stepped up. This lawyer, just like the first, was dressed in a military uniform, with the pips and medals of the JAG. Unlike the other lawyer, he was a she. I liked her already: She was a tough looking pure-Han with a confident gait and a look in her eyes that looked a lot like a dog with a bone in its mouth. I had never seen a dog until Sarah had shown me one. They’d been bemusing. I had looked into its eyes. It had rolled over and shown its belly, then barked a few times. Dogs were weird. But they were determined.

“My opposition makes much of General Lau’s record.” She began. “Unfortunately, even the most sterling record becomes meaningless when certain actions are taken. Minor infractions could be brushed under the table for an esteemed general who had sound reason…but this is not a minor infraction!” She opened a folder – a nice manila envelope, with real paper inside, what a weird thing to see – and began to read. “The Indiscriminate Kinetic Space Denial Weapon System is a tube, roughly one meter in length, half a meter in diameter. Twenty percent is a launching mechanism powered by compressed gasses, preferably nitrogen or some other gas that has a high compression rate. The remaining eighty percent is made up of ball bearings. Micro-explosives. Mono-molecular blades. Sand.” She closed the file with a snap. “These weapons fire clouds of death into orbital pathways. They destroy space stations indiscriminately, killing not just today but tomorrow and the day after and on and on until their orbits decay, either naturally or through direct intervention. The use of these weapons breaks nearly every single law about space weaponry that has ever been put on the books, save those proscribing the use of atomics. And this man-“ She pointed at Lau. “Did not simply use them. He mass produced them. He had crude Lunar variations redesigned into more effective, more obscene, killing tools. If it were not for the individual bravery of soldiers under his command, we might not simply have the moral and ethical failings to live with…but also a truly impenetrable cloud of debris in orbit. Daniel Lau is not simply guilty of war crimes. He is guilty of crimes against humanity itself. Thank you.”

I was in loooooove.

Lallalalala this is boring kids will hate it lalalallalala

*keeps writing*

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to disagree, Tally. But I'm a bit disappointed. Part one I came out of the theater with no complaints. This time.... I had quite a few. It was good, but the only part that *really* made it worth the money I spent on the ticket was Snape. His death, and his memories. I bawled. :e2cry:

Oh, and I guess the stuff with Draco (and a little of Narcissa), was worth it, too. Sort of.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
I am sad because I won't be able to see HP2 in theaters until August. Oh, the agony...

In other news, I have an evil aunt. It's official.

*goes back to reading A Dance With Dragons*

I really should be studying for this silly math placement test, but realizing I've forgotten how to do calculus completely is a bit depressing.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
:D ... I really wish I could stay up and keep talking, but only getting a few hours of sleep last night combined with practically bawling my eyes out because of Snape, my eyes are killing me and not wanting to stay open. But I'll see if I can stick around for another ten or fifteen minutes.

First, just because my heart's still breaking for him:

SnapeHBP.JPG

And now back to normal stuff..... How's everything going, Choco? Getting any writing done?

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
Everything is going good (aside from aforementioned upcoming math test & my eveeeel aunt). I haven't written for a few days, but right now I'm re-reading bits of my WIP. Funny how the parts I thought were okay are really terrible and the parts I thought were mediocre as I was writing them are the better bits.
Hoping to write something later.

You?

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, got distracted trying to find something to keep myself awake.

Generally speaking, things have been pretty good. Frustrating at times, but good. I haven't gotten much writing done, though. I think I'm scared of my next project, so my brain keeps freezing with this one. I mean, the logic is if I don't finish AM I won't move on to the next one.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Harry Potter was epic. Even though scenes were changed, I... have only two complaints. No "Tonks is PREGNANT OMG" bit, and no Teddy at the end. :(

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
You should probably hide that in white text or whatever, Lisa. I didn't like seeing that spoiled for me.

Hi guys!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oops. Sorry. How can I make it up? *embaressed*

ETA: Okay, I just put it in white, in case anyone else comes along and reads this page without having seen the movie.

Doing chapter notes for Chapter Eleven.

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
You should probably hide that in white text or whatever, Lisa. I didn't like seeing that spoiled for me.

The book was released four years ago. I think the statute of limitations on spoilers has officially run out. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.