Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTWOV

is Learning to Fly: solo
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm arrogant and selfish, so often I fail to care about other's interests :p. Hamartia, she's a killer.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to be like that too, but people kept yelling at me and stuff. So I changed.

I think.

I'll still defend things I like and slam other things for the fun of healthy debate, but when it comes down to it, I'll never really tell someone that their interests are lower than mine. Because I know I would hate for someone to do the same thing to me.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
The greatest thing about the 90's was how horribly awful the fashion was.

There's no way you can look back at it and not question what any sort of clothes designer was thinking.

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to be like that too, but people kept yelling at me and stuff. So I changed.

I think.

I'll still defend things I like and slam other things for the fun of healthy debate, but when it comes down to it, I'll never really tell someone that their interests are lower than mine. Because I know I would hate for someone to do the same thing to me.

Well put, I guess if someone bashed my musical tastes I would be fairly upset.

Nothing wrong with that, NoG. :D At the beginning of this past semester there was a 90s themed dance. Seriously one of the most fun dances I've been to in a very long time.

I love themed dances, or parties. I think it gives it more purpose to me. Like when else can I wear parachute pants?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to see T-Swift in concert tomorrow!

ETA: Whenever I spend time with an elitest who tells me my tastes are wrong or inferior, I end up reverting to anorexia. When someone tells me what I like is wrong, it's basically like telling me that I don't deserve to be happy, and that I'm supremely flawed. So I stop eating, because I go back to my mentality that every flaw I have inside has to be made up for by exterior perfection.

So yes. Telling people their tastes is wrong can literally destroy lives.

Last edited:

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to see T-Swift in concert tomorrow!

ETA: Whenever I spend time with an elitest who tells me my tastes are wrong or inferior, I end up reverting to anorexia. When someone tells me what I like is wrong, it's basically like telling me that I don't deserve to be happy, and that I'm supremely flawed. So I stop eating, because I go back to my mentality that every flaw I have inside has to be made up for by exterior perfection.

So yes. Telling people their tastes is wrong can literally destroy lives.

I find this interesting, and maybe I'm being insensitive, but really believe me I'm not trying to be. But, I have always grown up as a heavier set person, I'm not like a super huge person but I'm on the bigger side, and I've always felt that my interior positive qualities, would more than make up for exteriors flaws. And, I guess in being elitist about things is a way of sort of levelling out. In a sort of: "K well you're flawed but can have the best knowledge of books, or music," type of mentality.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I just don't agree that there is a best. Because what a person likes is what makes them happy. And telling them that they shouldn't like something is the same as telling them they shouldn't be happy. It's that simple.

I'm going to bed now, because I am a (not really growing anymore) child who needs her sleep!

ETA: Oh, one more thing, that's also quite interesting. Most of the 'big' people I know are much smarter than I am and very smug about it, and since I'm kind of not that smart, I just focus on being pretty.

Last edited:

xxFrozenFlower

fangirl extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Derp, lost all of my info/posts because of the rollback! d:
Only wrote 2k today... and it isn't even towards my main project. >:

OTWOV

Registered
Reaction score
I just don't agree that there is a best. Because what a person likes is what makes them happy. And telling them that they shouldn't like something is the same as telling them they shouldn't be happy. It's that simple.

I'm going to bed now, because I am a (not really growing anymore) child who needs her sleep!

ETA: Oh, one more thing, that's also quite interesting. Most of the 'big' people I know are much smarter than I am and very smug about it, and since I'm kind of not that smart, I just focus on being pretty.

Well then good night young one. It was nice talking to you

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I am effing tired, you guys.
I can't go to sleep though. I actually feel like working on LL for the first time in weeks, and I need to stay up and tell my dad something when he gets home. Agh.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, for the first time in weeks I'm not wanting to work on my WIP. Well, I want to, but my brain doesn't. Everything I write doesn't make senseeeee. UGHUGHUg.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
So do I, it's so awful. I change so much stuff with my plot all the time that's it's starting not to make sense.

I need to sit down with a blank sheet of paper and just write out a new outline from start to finish. Oyyyyy.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Raven- I'm a total non-outliner, though. My characters always seem to veer off the outline within a few pages. They are very uncooperative.

Status
Not open for further replies.