Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What's the scene, Tally, and what's wrong with the way you're writing it?

ETA: When annoyed, play Glee.

I wonder... All-nighters once in a while... yes or no? That is the question. :3

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
When do you decide to do one, Ari?

Writing for just under half an hour to Glee and then TV - writing during the breaks - and then more writing to Glee. :3

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
It's supposed to be a kind of information scene, but now I've realized it's not entirely necessary. So, I need another big scene that would make Hailey really want revenge. A scene about characters.

I can only write about characters. The way they feel, the way they interact, etc. I can't write about anything else. For example, I can't write straight description, I can only write about it the way the characters process it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a bit, but I was getting distracted by the fact that this was down.

Oh, and my order of Glee, Season 2, Volume 1, my reward for hitting 25K yesterday, dispatched earlier. It should arrive by next week. :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's supposed to be a kind of information scene, but now I've realized it's not entirely necessary. So, I need another big scene that would make Hailey really want revenge. A scene about characters.

I can only write about characters. The way they feel, the way they interact, etc. I can't write about anything else. For example, I can't write straight description, I can only write about it the way the characters process it.

I can't write huge blocks of description either. I DO have paragraphs with that, but they're short.

I have a feeling that that combined with the rest of my writing style means I'd fail at writing fantasy. *is jealous of Cassandra Clare*

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
When do you decide to do one, Ari?
It's kinda random. If I'm not really tired, or if I'm very much caught up in what I'm working on, I just don't bother going to sleep.

ETA: I am also jealous of Cassandra Clare on the description front.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I can write lots of description, but only if it ties into how my character feels about it.

Anyway, I need a good 2000-word scene. Oh! Maybe I can take something from her mother's life. Oh, that would totes work. Hoorah!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if I'm really into a scene or even the next one, I'm going to stay up until it is finished.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I can write the description. It's just usually very poorly written. Better than normal in Weeping, though.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
What's the scene, Tally, and what's wrong with the way you're writing it?

ETA: When annoyed, play Glee.

I wonder... All-nighters once in a while... yes or no? That is the question. :3

All nighters are awesome i do them at least twice a week if not more.

As for discription, i love writing discriptions. I have to do it alot with the places my characters go, and there house and rooms and stuff that why i make up floorplans for it all so i can keep everything straight

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right, now to go watch TV.

Also, I have decided that when I do allnighters, I'll switch the internet and main light in my room off and put my PJs on, so Mum doesn't get suspicious. ^^

ETA: Also, whenever I sit down to watch TV, there is an unexplainable draught. :/

Last edited:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
i just turn the light off, then wait till she is asleep, once she is asleep i could blash music till the cops were called and she still wouldnt wake up

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, nice Lisa. I am very bad at switching my Internet off...I neeeeeeeed it. And I get tired if I shut the light off. But my parents are used to me not sleeping.

Anyway, vanishing for a bit now. Later folks.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Forget to refresh. That's why I put the ETA up.

Also, I'd put my lamp and headphones in. Sorted.

ETA: Bye, Ari.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Why a wide swath of readers is important.

I read the chapter where Dru gets drafted and they get put through the first day of basic and one of my listeners said, "Man, your drill Sargent is awfully nice to his recruits..."

>.<

I'M NOT MEAN ENOUGH TO WRITE DRILL SARGENTS THE WORLD IS ENDING AUGHGBAUYIGBAHSIYBDNKLJSANDUOISAN

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, very mini rant:

I finally caved and bought some cookie dough, which I've been craving for weeks. I put it in the fridge, where it's supposed to be, and then today when I got into the container to have a little bit, almost a FOURTH of it was missing. Now, I *know* I didn't have that part last night. And one of my roommates has a different fridge, so I know it wasn't her. That leaves roommate #2 (who got into my frozen orange juice), or one of the girls from downstairs. I don't know which of them, but one of them had to. And I am not happy about it. /:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.