Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

And i work in my college's business office, doing refunds so that means i pretty much go though a list of anyone enrolled and pick out all the ones with a negative balance, there are alot of odd and oddly spelled names!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
cool, but how can he/she become human again? how do you make something undead?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That... would be something I would have to figure out if I ever decided to write it.

I'm trying to avoid writing different books with the same creatures in.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
i came up with a SNI for a book outside my series just Monday, but will probably never write it

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So, I have a faerie book, so I'm going to avoid writing any more faerie books unless they're sequels to Suns and Stars - which I can't see happening - and if I'd written the first draft of Firework (now called Invincible) then I wouldn't write anymore vampire books outside of that 'universe'.

Does that make sense? Do I sound insane?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
no makes sense.

Just like I never write outside my series

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So I might write a witch book or an angel book or a God book or something in mythology that I've researched. We shall see.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i'm satified with my Freaks and Monsters, wouldnt need to write anything else

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What about when the series finishes? Surely it's going to finish one day?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
when i finish, I have two ideas, one is a total must, the other... well i'm seeing if its possible.

1) Legend of the Freaks: The 2nd GEN.- which a series dedicated to my MC's kids, and deals with the lose ends there parents kept coming back to kicked the kids in the ass, ex) my 4th's book evil villian's nephew (also a freak) coming for revenge/world domination. Then my 7th book with this horrible twist! (see what my MC's dont know now is while they were in sector 6 being experimented on, they took something very dear to them, then an evil dr. minulated it and this whole book revolves around kids they didnt know they had (with eachother!) that were created by this doctor, to take them down. Fight fire with fire kind of thing) And then the House 2.0.

My second idea is to have an adult series continuation spinoff thing, because i've planned stories up until they are like 27 but you cant call that YA anymore, because there all married and start having kids, and it deals with them all working inside the FBI and the really messed up strange cases they are assigned too

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
no that's an obsession!!! A very serious addiction!

Turthfully i've never been so proud of anything i have ever done as i am proud of my series, I came up with this stupid self centered daydream when i was 12 and turned it into a series that i love more then life itself, the research and work that went into every book like making sure the weather was correct to real life every day, i mean i've never worked so hard on something ever. Honestly most days my series is the only thing that get me up in the morning and the only thing that helps me escape all the horrible problems in life i face. I could never just stop it... its be like going off vital life saving medicine suddenly

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I understand that. God, it was probably the same for JK Rowling and the Harry Potter series. I wouldn't be surprised if she felt a bit like "What now?" when she finished Deathly Hallows.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I think once you write all those books and put your characters through so much you cant help but grow very overly attached to them, its only natural i think for me to be unable to stop the story. I started thinking about the second generation when about 4 years ago, like it was only natural for me to wonder when they grew up what there kids would be like, it started off as intrest on a scientific standpoint, like would there kids be Freaks, would the same ability be passed on from parent to child, what if they married a human, or even more interesting a Monster! What would the kids turn out like then! Then as the years past i couldnt help but create the kids characters. Now I'm going to HAVE to write it because its going to be too epically awesome!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Ah... those questions you have about their lives. I get that.

I can't see there being a sequel to Suns and Stars. The ending doesn't really 'open a door' to a sequel, if that makes sense.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
either did my first book, but i did one anyway, which has hardly anything to do with the first one besides the characters and what they are. Honestly i never meant to write a series, i thought it would be a one book deal... but well is sort of an odd story.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Tristan and Dulcie will surprise me then. :)

I would like to write a series one day.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the whole reason i started writing a series, was because while i was sort of close to the end of my first book, i was 14 and our history teacher (a sub) told us to write a 1000 word story about Anything! So i was going to write a small snippet from my book, but them i'm walking home from school past TESP (eastern state penitentory) and this whole idea developed, but i didnt have characters so i just recycled mine and wrote a 2K word story. My teacher loved it and said it was one the the most creative and odd stories he's ever read by a student my age. That's when the idea for a second book was born

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this is sort of like my grand story! I first thought it up when I was 12, and the story and characters have been evolving ever since. I'm not writing it yet though - I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I wrote the story and it sucked because I lack practice. And it doesn't seem to be ready yet anyway. It's like I'm incubating the story for now... It keeps getting more awesome and more whole as more time passes. Recently I found the very first sketches of the characters I did and it was amazing to see how much they've changed ^^

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha, that's really cool Ivi! I know what you mean, i totally wrote my series too young, which is why i re-wrote the first book like a million times!

Status
Not open for further replies.