Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I came up with a solution to that, because honestly that's a problem for me. Instead of killing off my main MC's i kill off everyone close to them, and bring in awesome characters to kill them... and there are alot of VERY close deaths

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I guess since I'm going to my friend's apartment I probably should go find my swimming suit. ...I hate swimming suits, but I love swimming. Annoying.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
One MC does die though... ever since that i couldn't bring myself to kill off another one, I was literally depressed afterwards. You would think it was a real person i was grieving for.

But i'm way way too attached to my characters.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I killed one once. I knew as soon as he entered the story that he was going to die. I cried, but it felt right. I don't know if any of the MCs in CT are going to die or not. They haven't quite decided yet what's going to happen.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thank God I'm not the only one, i was starting to think i was going crazy. See i kill off people close to my main characters because although the reader might not know the soon to be dead person as well... they know the main character and just how much that person means to them. So in my opinion add just as much heart renching saddness as if you killed off a MC.

For example Max, loved Maria since the age of 5, had a super crush on her his whole life, utter obsessed with her. So you meet Maria in the 5th and 6th book, at the end of the 5th book despite all horrible odds Max, the loser ends up with Maria. He is on cloud 9, she is his utter soul mate, the reason he wakes up every day, the only good thing he's ever had in his life... then the 6th book comes along... and her throat is slit right infront of him and she dies in his arms.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I killed off 90% of the characters in MAAH. The two MCs don't and can't die, because there's a book 2, and there are only two of them, but literally every other person save 5 die. And the five others are cameo appearances.

Oh no, one of the other MCs stays alive. But... well, Lisa knows.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I killed off 90% of the characters in MAAH. The two MCs don't and can't die, because there's a book 2, and there are only two of them, but literally every other person save 5 die. And the five others are cameo appearances.

Oh no, one of the other MCs stays alive. But... well, Lisa knows.
-looks at the document I haven't finished reading- Well then.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
HAHAHA, oh gosh. SPOILER ALERT. Lol.

I have this sinking feeling that one of my favorite characters is going to end up dead and it's scaring me so badly. :(

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
you control the story, so you dont NEED to kill them!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
We have come to an understanding, I let things flow the way they want up until they cross the line, then i step in and take control. But that control usually faters and we compromise.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I don't control the story. Once I've created all my characters and know their greatest desires and greatest fears, they take it from there.

Oh my gosh, Ari, I forgot you were still reading it! How far have you gotten?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Feel better, BG!

I love it when I get emotional while writing. And yeah, I'm with everyone else. You know you've done a good job writing that part.

Speaking of writing, I actually made quite some progress while I was on campus. Finished tweaking Chapter 13 to the first part of 19. And the second part of Chapter 19 is the climax, and I've written half of it so far. There is gonna be epic cuteness in the second half. I'm trying to get into the mood by listening to With Me by Sum 41 :D

ETA: Damn. Didn't refresh again. Usually when I control the story and that's not the way it should go I get stuck, so I guess my MC tries to tell me something's wrong but I only figure out what's wrong usually days later lol.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
see i think its different for me since "I'm" in my own stories. I just close my eyes put myself in the situation and write... Since I imagine myself in the situation with my characters i have more of a voice in what happens.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
oh and Lila i repped your query post.

ETA: Anyone want to YAWN

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hehehe i love my characters names too... I love my second generation more although its causing problems between me and my boyfriend... (long story)

What are your Characters names?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Hah! By the end of my story, everyone is dead and through the C-chute!

What's a c-chute?

Well, it's when you don't have time for a proper cremation and spreading the ashes in a hydroponic bay: You shove the corpse into a tube, then depressurize the tube, and a springloaded presser plate shoves the body out into a decaying orbit.

I'm thinking of adding a scene where Dru loads her friends corpses into the C-chute and launches them.

Cu-CHUNK!

Cu-CHUNK!

Cu-CHUNK!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I just have to say I LOVE THE NAME ROWAN!!! but i'd want it for a boy. Did you know it means "little red one?"

If my future husband agrees that might be my sons name.

I think everyone know mine, but i'll repeat them anyway. Ally, Max, Laura, Pip, Tod, Jul. Hense AMLPTJ

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Lets see...

Dru, Sarah, Jillian, Yolanda, Sarge, Lau, Captain Brown, Liam, Jason, Jason, Tasadar, and a few others I forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.