Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't actually edit this scene, I just like it.

“Fucking fuck fuck mother fuck fuck shit fuck fuck CUNT!” Dan muttered as he worked the scrubber up and down the side of the vat we were cleaning.

“Hey, you can borrow one of my plugs.” I said, glancing over my shoulder at him. We were both in disposable skinclothes. They’d be tossed into a vat and mulched for the biomatter that splattered them.

Dan shook his head. “I’d still smell through one nose. And besides-” He grunted as he hit something encrusted to the side of the vat, his butt bumping mine as he tried to work it out. “Isn’t self sacrifice…grrr…fucking cunting stupid piece of shit, COME THE FUCK OFF!”

“Spray it, and then let it sit for a bit.” I suggested.

Dan sighed, pulled off a little squirter he had clipped to his hip. He sprayed down the encrusted bit, coughed. “That smells even worse…ugh…”

The lights dimmed. The lights went out.

We looked up. “Oh fuck.” I whispered.

Then the lights came back up. Dan and I were already scrambling out of the vat, ripping off our clothes. We chucked them at the dumpchute, then ran to the screen, which flicked on, revealing Captain Lau (Not just governor, this place is a military base now).

“Congratulations,” He said. “We’ve just won the first actual battle of the war.”

His face was replaced by a graphic of the Earth’s orbital system, a load of circles and ellipses and blurry probable rotation patterns for the debris. “Fifteen seconds ago, two dozen missiles were launched from different points across the debris field. Each clocked in at maybe five hundred kilometers per second, arcing straight at us. If one had struck, we’d be so much glowing debris right now. However, the Loonies didn’t count on Big Bertha.”

The picture changed to the familiar sight of the microwave power transmitter at the bottom of the Hub, but it looked different. It had a new cover, and some other added on bits.

“Our power transmitter is now the solar system’s largest laser weapon. We shot down each of the incoming projectiles before they were within half a million kilometers of the place.”

“WOOO!” Dan shouted. I laughed, clapping him on the back.

Other faint cheers were coming from the vat-labs that overlooked us. We could hear the cheers through our feet, thrumming through the station.

“Return to your duties.” Captain Lau said, before the screens flicked back to standard status reports.

But as we headed back to the tank, getting a new pair of disposable skinclothes from the dispenser, Dan was thinking.

“There is no way the Loonies couldn’t have noticed the Bertha.” He said. “Heck, they’d prolly know better about it than us. They can look at us with telescopes. We’re cooped up in here when we’re not bouncing around outside making ourselves look like asses for Loonie telescopes.”
[FONT=&quot]
I shook my head. “What gets me is that the first battle fought in this stupid war took twelve seconds and was won by a computer.” I started scrubbing the algae tank again. “So, remind me please, why the flying fuck do they need space marines?” [/FONT]

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Back. I feel less sleepy in the mornings if I actually don't sleep at all...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
My dialog punctuation isn't horriwrong, right?

Yes, it is. This:

“That’s kinda primitive.One of the girls said, looking down at Stru’s head as her ankle was looped around and measured.

should be this:

“That’s kinda primitive,one of the girls said, looking down at Stru’s head as her ankle was looped around and measured.

You make this error consistently throughout the book. Just about every line of dialogue is wrong.

If punctuation was a superpower, I would have it. Trust me. The dialogue punctuation is wrong. :tongue

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. Watching more Glee.

Also, I used to make that puncation mistake a lot. I'm getting better at not doing it.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Is 25 too old to be classed a teen writing for teens? because i really don't feel like one of the older folk... :/

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
haha Twiftie sounds like Swiftie but.. well.. without the S. Sorry.. i'm feeling rather random today.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
...Firefox just keeps freezing O_O Maybe I'll just go to sleep... Night everyone.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Dragon.

My latest FB status:

Does anyone know of any songs sung by females about being in a secret relationship with someone your family would hate OR about being engaged to someone and then going out with someone else because you hate the person you're engaged to? Preferably in a similar style to Avril Lavigne or Taylor Swift. :)

Help, please. Nobody commented, and I kinda need it to help me continue this scene and finish this chapter.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe.

I am not happy. Season 2 - Volume 2 isn't out until September!!! And I think Season 3 airs in America then. If it starts then here, how am I supposed to catch up??? Maybe Itunes, but DVDs are better for me because of my hearing loss.

I wish I knew when Season 3 starts here. :(

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
You can buy part 1 of Season 2 on DVD. And I'm pretty sure the UK is caught up and it'll start September 20th, like is NA.

By the way, I was fooling around with photoshop and I made this.

HermionesVoice.png

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
AHHHHH How am I supposed to catch up if Part 2 is out the day before Season 3 airs?

I hope iTunes 'season tickets' for TV aren't too expensive. Also, I have to record Season 3 cause it moved to a channel I can't get in my room, so I hope I get Wednesday mornings off.

Just wondering, was there a break over Christmas or what

*I think I'm turning into a Gleek*

ETA: Pretty graphic, Tally. :D Is it small enough for a siggy image?

ETA2: I was thinking the other day, and I figured that I don't need a word count goal until the final stages (i.e. just before querying). A story is as long as it needs to be right? So if I'm comfortable with the length of Suns and Stars when it's finished, both in word count (I DO want a proper novel, not a novella, length) and in story terms, even if it's 50K, I'll be happy. :)

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I think it is.

Forgive me if I'm stupid, but I'm confused.

Listening to Glee version of Bad Romance on YouTube. I can't find a clip. :(

ETA: I just realised, if it was on Tuesday and on a channel I could watch, Glee would clash with The Vampire Diaries. I'd have had to decide which one to watch on +1. :O

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
:D

I just realised that Love Story fits this scene, as well as being the novel's theme tune. I fail.

Now I am going to put it on repeat and finish this chapter before I go to bed.

*thinks Glee should do a Taylor Swift song*

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey y'all!

I haven't properly started revising yet. Well, I sorta did, but I realized by the start of my 4th page of notes, I shouldn't write down what I need to change in the scene as well as what I did well. What I need to change is more important.

So now I'm starting over. Really hoping I can finish the majority of my revisions by July 19, when I start summer school. Even though it's an interesting class, I'm not super excited to start school. Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.