Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you guys! :D

Now it's time to read the mountains of books I've been ignoring and start researching for the next project. And also panic about betas liking this project. :tongue

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Disney is part of what's messing me up right now. I need the original story, not the Disneyfied one!

ETA ...Sleeping Beauty. I know many variations of the story, but the one that keeps popping into my head is the Disney movie. I love that one--especially since Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain, but it's not what I need or want right now.

Last edited:

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I'm no fairytale expert, but have you heard of Grimm's Fairytales? The tales in there are definitely undisneyfied. I'm not sure if they're the original original ones though.

It's definitely worth looking into though.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to continue the scene I stopped in the middle of last night.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I've read plenty of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales. Also Charles Perrault and Hans Christain Andersen (who is one of my favorites). Unfortunately, Perrault's doesn't want to stick in my head. Disney's does. *sigh*

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Sleeping Beauty? Sleeps for a hundred years, twelve fairies, thorns, youngest fairy finds the prince, as I remember it...

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
I'm no fairytale expert, but have you heard of Grimm's Fairytales? The tales in there are definitely undisneyfied. I'm not sure if they're the original original ones though.

It's definitely worth looking into though.

Grimm fairytales aren't exactly originals; they're sort of a collection of stories that had been passed on orally for centuries, I think. Some of the Grimm stories are actually French in origin, the stories were so widespread. But the Grimms and Perrault were some of the first people to write them down, I believe.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
GRRR the HP avvies and sigs are confusing me! I'll get used to it I hope lol

Congrats on finishing Ky!

I haven't gotten around to writing the last 3K. But I'm more driven than I was the past couple of hours. And my incentive to finish CMRH is going home lol. Because I sorta swore to myself that I wouldn't leave the Student Center on campus until I finish it.

Now I must write!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Karla!

What's the betting I'll come up with more concrete ideas for this ideas when I'm trying to sleep?

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! How've you all been?

Status
Not open for further replies.