Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
That's good. A peice of advice on that kind of writing. Its always going to seem apparent to you because your the writer and know what's going to happen. Another tip would be to only leave a max of 3 hints throughout the entire book, if you have too, otherwise leave none at all.

My second and third books were very much like that. And the entire time i was freaking out it was too obvious who the bad guy/s were but when i had someone read them it blew there mind.

Thanks. I feel so much better now. I've thrown in one hint that it could be him and gave several false hints toward the other character to where it would seem much more likely that it would be Jameson rather than Sir Walter.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean.... what do I tweet about? Noone followed me, and I didn't follow many people.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I feel so much better now. I've thrown in one hint that it could be him and gave several false hints toward the other character to where it would seem much more likely that it would be Jameson rather than Sir Walter.

*Grins at misdirection*

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Like I said. I only use twitter to follow agents. I think it would be more beneficial to gain support on your blog than your twitter account but that's just me.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I deactived my Twitter account. I'll get a new one if an agent ever turns round and tells me I need one, though I don't know what I'll do on the email front.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I deactived my Twitter account. I'll get a new one if an agent ever turns round and tells me I need one, though I don't know what I'll do on the email front.

Boy wouldn't that be nice, having an agent *sighs*

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait to query. Hopefully everything will be ready before October 1.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pushing hard to be ready by the end of August. I'm going to call the end of this edit Draft 3 and do one grammar edit and one more beta edit. After that I'm shipping this puppy out to agents.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pushing hard to be ready by the end of August. I'm going to call the end of this edit Draft 3 and do one grammar edit and one more beta edit. After that I'm shipping this puppy out to agents.

Well the good thing for me is I have written this story over 3 times now - so I know it and my MC/characters like the back of my hand.

It shouldn't be too hard to get the 'feel' of what I want it to be. Fleshing the booger out is gonna be the real pain in the fanny!

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
It shouldn't be too hard. You write broad rather sparse so I'm sure you could finish in a relatively short time if you wanted to.

Question: Is Cosmo big in the UK?

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I love twitter. I don't care much for tweeting myself, but it's a fantastic way to stay tuned in to what is going on in the world and to learn about celebrities, their lives, literary agents, and to get a good laugh.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
That's pretty much how I feel about it Tally. I never really understood the whole appeal of tweeting. I always thought that's what face book was for. I spew enough useless information there as it is lol

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Also, Jason Isaacs sounds NOTHING like Lucius Malfoy in real life. O.O

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, i'm back, sorry had to do work at work, but the network crashed so here i am!

did i miss anything. Anything new?

As for the whole shipping things out to agents... I dont know... I waited 9 years so far... i have no problem waiting longer... i dont like to put time limits on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.