Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Easter break starts for me on April 6, which is SO wonderfully awesome because it's my birthday. :D

However, I leave for my vacation on April 1, so I have a longer break than everyone else.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I kind of wish we had a later break. My cousin gets home from Chili on the 28th, but I'm not going to get to see him until April 15. Which is sad. He's been gone for two years! ...I suppose an extra couple of weeks is better than not being able to see him at all, though.

ETA I *FINALLY* finished the papers I had to write. ...Now I just have to see if I can finish my annotated bibliography in 3 1/2 hours (which includes finding another five sources to use.....) :Headbang:

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, to further what Para said about the song lyrics-

At this point, it's more important to write the book the way you want to, and finish it. once you have a completed draft, then you can worry about all the legal shit. and if you get an agent, they'll tell you what you can't keep. but first, focus on writing the novel.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
At this point, it's more important to write the book the way you want to, and finish it. once you have a completed draft, then you can worry about all the legal shit. and if you get an agent, they'll tell you what you can't keep. but first, focus on writing the novel.

facebook_like_button_big-300x133.jpg

...Couldn't help it. :D

In other news, I finished and submitted my homework ONE MINUTE before it was due. And now I'm exhausted.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OK.

Glee/Journey lyrics, here I come.

I forgot to switch the laptop off last night. o_O

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
OMG Hairspray was last night you guys.

It actually worked out, though I had two costume changes where my assigned 'help' forgot to show up to help me. I just had to turn to the guy playing Edna and be like 'PLEASE I CAN'T UNZIP MY DRESS AND I HAVE TWELVE SECONDS' and then Motormouth was all "Hey sweetie, do you need some help?" and I was like 'YES PLEASE THANK YOU JESUS I CAN'T DRESS MYSELF I HAVE A MICROPHONE STRAPPED TO MY BRA."

Aaaaaand the jail cell's stand broke down in "Big Doll House". Me and Amber were like "SHIT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO TAP DANCE NOW BUT WE CAN'T LET GOOOO" and when we finally balanced it, and let go, someone ELSE touched it and it allllll felllllll dowwwwn.

And my friend (one of the Dynamites) sprained her ankle.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, xD

It's weird for me, because I'm used to doing stuff like Shakespeare where I don't have a microphone or many costume or set changes- this theatre has the most CROWDED backstage.

And plus, I'm surrounded by chorus members who don't understand that you don't leave a half-full thing of diet coke next to a white costume, or that the green room is not for socialization, it is for our FASTEST COSTUME CHANGES. there is a reason that all of their clothes are upstairs!

graaaaaah

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Outside of school plays, I've done only one play. And that was for church XD

I'm missing out :/

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
OK.

Glee/Journey lyrics, here I come.

I forgot to switch the laptop off last night. o_O

That's okay. Mine hasn't been shut down in weeks.

but yeaaaah. other than that, it went really well!

Yay!

Outside of school plays, I've done only one play. And that was for church XD

I'm missing out :/

I did a three-minute parody my junior year and the regular school play my senior year. I have a friend that's a theatre major and I'm hoping that she might be able to get me to help out with the backstage stuff for her play in April. I hate auditions so I love backstage work more than being in the play.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hullo folks. Dunno if you've seen these amusing videos: Sh*t Writers Say and Stuff Non-Writers Say. If not, you should totally watch them.

ETA: Meant to note that I was supposed to help out with a play at my university last semester and thoroughly forgot. But I had very little free time on my hands anyway, so it's probably better that I didn't get involved. I do miss being backstage though.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
xD

I'm really not a good singer. At all. Like, in the words of every vocal trainer, I have a pretty voice with no power behind it.

I can project very well when I speak, not so much when I sing.

But for real, I got the role of Penny because of my acting and my ability to booty pop in a guy's crotch in front of three hundred people without blushing

which may not be a good thing

But no, my dances- especially Without Love, oh god Without Love, in which I straddle a guy on a bed in front of three hundred people including my mother- I get so many hoots from the audience.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been in a play since high school, and I kind of miss it. The closest I ever had to an actual role was my freshman year when we did Fiddler on the Roof. I *almost* had the part of Grandmother Tzeitel. ...Of course, that's mostly because I'd been listening to the soundtrack for about 5 1/2 years, and so could imitate the accent almost perfectly. But I also had the beginnings of laryngitis the day of callbacks, and so wasn't at my best, and didn't get the part. But that was okay. It's fun just being in the plays. :D

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been in a play since high school, and I kind of miss it. The closest I ever had to an actual role was my freshman year when we did Fiddler on the Roof. I *almost* had the part of Grandmother Tzeitel. ...Of course, that's mostly because I'd been listening to the soundtrack for about 5 1/2 years, and so could imitate the accent almost perfectly. But I also had the beginnings of laryngitis the day of callbacks, and so wasn't at my best, and didn't get the part. But that was okay. It's fun just being in the plays. :D

Aw. :D Plays are so much fun.

My junior year I was in a three-minute play that my AP Lit class was putting on at a charity dinner. We started practicing on Monday and the performance was on Friday. On Tuesday I became the understudy of a girl who was the main character in one of the scenes in case she decided to bow out.

On Wednesday she decided to bow out. I still have no idea how I managed to make it through the performance.

My senior year I completely bombed auditions and was an extra in our school play. I had a ton of fun, though, and I realized just how much I love backstage work.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Singing? *laughs nervously*

Not exactly my talent...

Really. You don't want to hear me sing. It's not pretty.

:D

ETA: <---- New avatar!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I can sort of sing. By which I mean I can sing in key because I grew up with a musically inclined father, but I make no promises about if my voice is actually any good.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, also, in good news: I got a Rarity action figure at McDonalds :D

I was like, "I'd like a number 9, three pieces, medium sized and a MLP doll."

And they were like, "Hokay."

And I was relieved no one looked at me like I was crazy.

48.jpg

ETA: Even if her tail is the wrong color and her CUTIE MARK IS ALL WRONG!

/worst toy ever

Status
Not open for further replies.