Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
SOOOOO MY TEACHER FINALLY GAVE US OUR GRADES FOR MY WRITING FICTION WORKSHOP!!!!!

I HANDED IN FOR MY FIRST BIG ASSIGNMENT THE FIRST CHAPTER OF FREAKS, AND HE GAVE ME AN A WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF AWESOME COMMENTS SAYING THAT IS WAS REALLY INTENSE AND THRILLING AND HE CANT WAIT TO READ MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M REALLY EXCITED IF YOU CANT TELL!!! HE ALSO LOVED ALL MY SHORT STORIES! SAYING AND I QUOTE "Ally- you have a strong collection of exercises and an amazing first chapter assembled here. Each shows focus and a willingness to improve and grow as a writer. You display a great sense of imagination and an ability to convey the realism of both characters and interactions."

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
YAY FOR AMAZING LANGUAGE TEACHERS!!!!

Too bad mine isn't. :/ ShE also has very, very, very bad eyesight which does not go well with my small writing, so she uses that as an excuse to be hard on me :(

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I've accomplished a little, but not much. Tomorrow I plan to slog through a bunch of Weeping revisions, Saturday is the day of working on CC&C, and Sunday is Study For the Japanese Midterm.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Arianna, are you on Twitter? I've found it extremely helpful for promotion of self-published books. Of course, I only have one short story that's hardly selling, but the point is still there. :)

I also know there's a big anime community on Twitter so you have a nice niche to fill there if you build up your presence well enough.

Just a thought.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow I need to do my English homework, read my psych chapter, draft my entry for an essay contest, write three essays, and read the first six chapters of a friend's story.

Saturday I'm just hanging out with family and friends. Sunday I'll be stuck in a car for eight hours riding back to college.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Arianna, are you on Twitter? I've found it extremely helpful for promotion of self-published books. Of course, I only have one short story that's hardly selling, but the point is still there. :)

I also know there's a big anime community on Twitter so you have a nice niche to fill there if you build up your presence well enough.

Just a thought.
I have a Twitter but I never use it. I am, however, well known in the aniblogging community and among a number of cosplayers whose photos are being used in the book. I have plenty of presence that I started building up as soon as I conceived the idea for CC&C :D

Sunday I'll be stuck in a car for eight hours riding back to college.
Unless you're driving, I hope you're taking a book.

Tomorrow I'm doing Hairspray.

Saturday I'm doing Hairspray.

Sunday I'm doing Hairspray.
Consistency?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
@Arianna - I don't doubt that you're well known! Twitter is just a nice marketing tool that you can benefit from no matter how popular you already are. And it's fun, for me at least.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
I kind of wish I could paint my nails so I'd stop chewing them while waiting on the results of my full subs.

Break a leg, Tally.

Congrats on the A, Ally. :D

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Ally! I'm glad your teacher liked the first chapter of FREAKS. :D

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. I keep slipping in to past tense on my WIP so I'm thinking I'm going to have to change the tense to past because... of obvious reasons.

Sorry I didn't get around to responding yesterday, Ally. I'm good thanks, how are you? These posts go by so fast. Blink and three pages go by :p
Think I might watch some more Supernatural in a bit. :)

Oooh I got my Breaking Dawn Part 1 dvd through today... (don't know why I felt the need to say that, since no one on here likes the movies or books, but ho-hum, there you go.)

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Purple-Smoke-Bomb.jpg
*appears*

Hey guys! *cough* ...I probably should stop doing that... :tongue Anyway... How's everybody doing?

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in kind of the same position, HR. I have five 1-2 page papers to write, an annotated bibliography, a test, and...two or three power points I need to do. All today.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have a question about subplots as a whole. Can I ask you guys?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I thought I'd jump into this thread. I'm technically still a teenager, so I guess I fit! Congratulations to everyone on their productivity, maybe it will inspire me to do the same :)

Hi Hannah!

Official Twiftie initiation questions:
1. How old are you?
2. What do you write?

I have a question about subplots as a whole. Can I ask you guys?

Is this a question we can answer?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the question is: Would the MC(s) relationships with other people count as subplots, even if the relationship is central to the character development when it comes to the main plot.

This is a general question, for anything I write.

Status
Not open for further replies.