Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
congrats Tally!

Finally i finished all the readings. GRRRRRR i really hate workshopping. I dont want to be mean to people, but seriously I dont get what the hell they are writing about.

I have a feeling they are all going to hate mine, when it come up. I dont write like any of them at all. My characters are signifigently younger then theres, and my story isnt about rehab, or partying, or real life anything....

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to outline some more... I've in reality just been stalling anyway i can from writing... i think i have some writers block. For many reasons. Last night instead of even outlining (which normally takes me a few hours for a whole book, now its taking me days...) I put my music in different playlists, one for each book... all 16 of them. (includes future ones) Trying to place each of my over 1,300 songs for a book. Talk about procrastination!

Anyway how is everyone else doing. I know there are people lurking!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
haha, I know, Zoe. I do :) I also have 11 books to read, in a pile in my bedroom, on top of whatever I haven't yet bought.
As well as what I'm supposed to be writing.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
wish i had time to read. I have a growing list of over 100 books i want to one day read, just dont have the time for.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I always read at night time, but lately I've not read so much because I've been writing a lot. I have a few Dystopia books to get through as well, and I find they drain me. I'm used to fantasy, and reading about sort-of-real-life problems is a bit... heavy. Although, some have been very enjoyable. It does get a little old hearing about the same sort of things. But hey... I plunder on through it all. I plan on re-reading The Hunger Games and Vampire Academy soon... when I can build up the energy to actually dig them out of my storage boxes. lol. They're heavy those boxes... and I'm weak. Blaaaah lol

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sooooooooooo pissed off right now. I cant really remember the original (freaking amazing) plan i came up with for UZ. Its been driving me insane. i remember bits and peices, for some people, but they used to fit together so brilliantly, now i just cant remember HOW!!!!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ally, you should have noted the details down. Even if it's not in-depth planning, just the basic premise can help. lol

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I already jotted them down somewhere but i lost the book and all the outline files. I was hopeing i wrote something down somewhere but i tore my room apart last weekend and found nothing. I have to go purely from memory... I'm writing down all the individual "takedowns" I can remember, and hoping that once i see them I'll be able to see how i made them connect last time.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
AAW: As someone who actively has to go through and add description in revisions, I have to say that we can't write your description for you. Description is an art that changes depending on the situation and the character.

The best advice I can give is make it thorough enough to give a good mental picture but short enough that it doesn't drag on.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
HR! SOMEONE TO JOIN IN THE NERDINESS WITH *is excited for obvs. reasons*

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
PartyHard.gif

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Tally, a little late, but congrats! Your book seems to be doing really well! :hooray: Congrats!!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I'm really rushing to finish these edits now. I'll have them ready BEFORE TOMORROW IS OVER and send. I'm so close I can taste it- maybe I'll just pull an all-nighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.