Registered
Reaction score
Oh man guys. I am so far behind.

HOW DO I MISS EVERYTHING?!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
But too much time on here could lead to too little writing! -runs off to use WoD- I'll pop in occasionally!

Parataxis

Obsessive Plotting Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
WoD? NOW I CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND YOU.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I already shared this with HR, but I figure there are enough other DW fans around here that it's okay to repeat myself. :D

As I was writing this
She could make out the dim shapes of uneven blocks of stone in the walls, but everything else melted into the shadows.
Rayna's (one my SNI MCs) reaction went through my head.
The thought of what hid in shadows made Rayna hurry forward into the light. The last thing she wanted, or needed, was to meet the Vashta Nerada.

...Rayna's a borderline DW geek.

ETA WoD--Write or Die.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
They are some proper creepy monsters...

ETA: Going to bed as soon as this song finishes.

Last edited:

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
What a coincidence, I was playing the sims too! Just finished to come back here. I'm doing a legacy~~ I have a family of two guys and their three children(there are mods for making guys pregnant).

Also, I just realised the pjs I got as a gift are actually very similar to the ones one character of mine wears xD

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Oh god I suck at legacies! :p

My friend makes fun of me because my town is one big gay utopia. Seriously. I've made...one girl sim. XD But she has a boyfriend so it's all good. Everyone else is homo though. >.>

I'm debating if I wanna make my guys preggors or adopt kids. I have to say, mpreg really freaks me out. o_O; But the adopted kids are so...ugly. XD *haha I'm so superficial!* Though there is the cheat to get them back into CAS.

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I think I've figured out why ALTER is bothering me so much. It stinks of me. I feel like I'm just retracking old ideas with my plan and not trying something different. :/

On the other hand, the setting is also being a pain, because I feel like it needs some sort of explanation and I can't find any that I'm satisfied with.

Any advice for kicking your brainstorm in a new direction?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I had advice for that...I could use it myself half the time. (I'm looking at you, Breathtaken.)

Just got a little over 600 words done through the power of WoD. I think I shall do this again.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
This talk of sims is making me want to play. I was really excited when I found out you can have gay couples. I already have plans to create Kurt/Blaine and Greyson/Klaine.

Wish I knew how to control my brainstorming in any way...that might be a little helpful than just letting my brain wander until I have an epiphany.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Is it okay to only have two scenes of considerable length in one chapter? O_0 Chapter 3 only has two scenes in it, but they are big scenes and long scenes...

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Is it okay to only have two scenes of considerable length in one chapter? O_0 Chapter 3 only has two scenes in it, but they are big scenes and long scenes...

Yeah, that's fine. I once had a 3 scene chapter which only had 1 big scene. It was a long scene.

Of course, this chapter got merged with another to make new Chapter One, so grain of salt.

And now I feel like I need to investigate this whole brainstorming direction thing and report back to you all.

I took a walk, but didn't get much thinking done. Now I'm going to listen to music on shuffle and try to pull from things I haven't listened to in a while. And possibly talk to myself. I'll pop back in and tell you how it's going.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys - brainstorming here as well.

Just coming up with ideas for my WIP :D

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Thanks Taxis! I'm probably gonna try and squeeze another scene into that chapter for now, and we'll see where it goes from there.

And I need to do some brainstorming too, Parump. I have no idea what should happen after chapter three. >.> But this is the farthest I've ever gotten while outlining before...so I'm impressed with myself. XD

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Message from the Depths of Brain Storming: TV TROPES IS NOT AN EFFECTIVE BRAINSTORMING TOOL.

Babbling Brooke

Squirrel!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scribblebrooke.livejournal.com
Haha, I love how everyone on here is currently brainstorming, as that's what I'm trying to do, as well. My story is set in a fantasy world (though I've yet to decide if it's modern, medieval, or possibly a further version of our world) and I'm trying to come up with names for the different jobs, regions, and countries.

Is it possible to have a fantasy world that has modern technology (cars, skyscrapers, electricity, ect.), but that isn't Earth? All of the fantasy worlds I've read about are set in medieval times, but I want my story to have modern things.

I knowthey say you can do anything in writing, as long as you do it well, so I guess my question is has something like this been done before?

On a non-writing related note, have any of you looked at the Pottermore website? Are you going to join when it comes about in October?

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I'm not a huge fantasy reader, but I don't see why you couldn't have that. I'm sure it's been done before too, but don't go to me for advice or take my advice with a grain of salt. XD I get all those fantasy and sci-fi genres mixed up...hah.

But if you look at video games, stuff like that is done all the time. Why look at Final Fantasy for example! That is definitely a fantasy setting with modern day things. :3 In the Advent Children movie, it's definitely fantasy, yet they have cell phones I believe!

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
That is oddly, EXACTLY What I'm working on.

Right now I have a vague setting called "The City of Three Rivers" which is a fairly modern city. Now, the problem I'm having is that I can't identify how the City relates to Earth as a setting. I've decided that it's either set on earth in the far future or in another, vague alternate world.

(No Pun intended.)

Either way I'm trying to justify the setting, which is really not what I want to do at all. The optimal thing would be to come up with a vague starting point which would explain the limited setting.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I knowthey say you can do anything in writing, as long as you do it well, so I guess my question is has something like this been done before?

I don't read a lot of off-Earth fantasy, so I'm not sure. The first thing I thought of was Freedom's Landing by Anne McCaffrey, but that's sci-fi, not fantasy...

On a non-writing related note, have any of you looked at the Pottermore website? Are you going to join when it comes about in October?

As of now, I fully plan on it, but depending on how busy I am, I may not be able to.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a fantasy world that has modern technology (cars, skyscrapers, electricity, ect.), but that isn't Earth? All of the fantasy worlds I've read about are set in medieval times, but I want my story to have modern things.

Four words: Original Star Wars Trilogy. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.