#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I'm officially done with Series 6. Now I guess I'll watch Series 1? :p

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Talk about a wardrobe change... I go from a tweed jacket to a leather one.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I have set a goal. I'm going to send my first query May 1st. But I need to actually start editing first...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking: TMB could have parallel plotlines: PAST/PRESENT.

Has anyone read any YA books with this sort of thing in them? How did you find them? Did it work? Have you got any tips based on reading?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, ever read "The Boy Who Dared"? Great book that has snippets of the past at the beginning of every chapter. You should read it if you're going to try that. It's a great example and a great book. It might be MG though. Read it in 4th grade...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'll go onto the RECs thread.

ETA: Emailed my tutor earlier. She suggested having a tutourial or possibly arranging a deferral. May have to discuss with mother...

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
If I Stay is sort of like that. Though, the past tense parts are told as flashbacks.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That's fine, Taylor. TMB is in diary format, and the past are sort of flashbacks.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa- everyone hates school at some point. It can really really suck. And you have, like, less than two months left? You can manage for two months. If you need to talk to somebody about being frustrated with school, talk to Ally. She's had so much shit go down with school, it's crazy.

I LOVE ECCLESTON.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the past would work in diary format anymore and if I really need the New Year card...

Tally, didn't you see my ETA?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
That really sucks you can't change your major after the first year in the UK.

I changed my major once every year. It was Creative Writing my first year. Then I added Psychology as a double major my second. Then I dropped that double major. Finally, I switched to Environmental Studies with a Creative Writing minor my third year before I withdrew from college. Though, since I took a lot of quarters off, I was still technically in my second year when I switched to Environmental Studies.

A four-year degree was not right for me. I'm planning to go to vocational school next fall. My college courses may count toward an Associate's degree which requires gen-ed classes. Then there's the fact I was able to learn some really cool stuff in my classes and meet some great people I still catch up with. So not all was wasted.

But yeah, now I'm a full-time writer.

My goal to finish by my birthday isn't looking so bright. I'm looking at ~3K a day to finish by March 6. But I'm still determined and won't give up. I'll do an all-nighter on March 5/March 6 if I have to :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking I may do the present in diary format and the past in 'normal' format. This will mean I have to rewrite the past index cards, but I need to buy more anyway.

Also, I may need to read Vampire Diaries if it comes to it.

Ugh, why will this thing not make up its mind about format??

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Give it time, Lisa. Plotting shouldn't be forced, in my opinion. let the ideas come to you. That includes the format you're talking about.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I know the present is deffo in diary format. And the past is currently in normal.

ETA: Each past scene is going to have it's own chapter/section... thing. Guess what the Valentine's one is called? VALENTINE'S WISHES. :3

Bed time. I will be rewriting more cards tomorrow and moving things around -- LIKE A BOSS - so that everything is parallel.

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, god. I saw a post from last year. Oh, god. I was such an idiot.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Ely! I'd finished 5 and 6 but forgot to send. Gonna read through it one last time before I do.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Okay. So I'm writing one of my SNIs down and my main character, Greg, is always getting himself into trouble. The kind of trouble that causes him to have to spend his summer doing community service by working in a soup kitchen. The thing is...I can't decide what it is he would've done to get himself in trouble. :/

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Listening to the Redline soundtrack while writing is the best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.