Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Haha I had Angel as a half-Hispanic guy in TL. Though, he's out of the novel now. He was a character better left out in the draft with the old external conflicts, and I don't need him at all in this draft.

ETA: I also meant to add I'd go for Angel.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I actually don't know that many male Hispanic names... I don't like Xavier at all (my sister was bullied by one) and I can't see Angel without thinking Buffy, so I vote for Rafael, which is the name of the guy who introduced me to Turtles chocolate.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like Angel.

The music has finished :)() and I'm stuck on the date I'm on, so I'm going to bed. Tomorrow I'm going to download the rest of the DHP1 soundtrack to listen to when I'm plotting tomorrow evening/night (If my family weren't here, I would hog the table downstairs for most of the day while watching music TV/favourite programmes).

Goodnight.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
See that's my worry about Angel and especially Rafael - I don't care so much about Buffy references, but I don't particularly want people hearing his name and going Teenage Mutant Ninja Whatsit?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
BUFFY IS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

My grandmother is swearing over this scrabble game. I can't get enough of her saying "bitch" to my mother. I HAVE AN ENTERTAINING FAMILY OKAY.

ETA: Ely, your words fill me with joy.

AND YES JULIO

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Finally... Finally, I have finished The Fellowship of the Ring. Finally.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
More Hispanic names:

Juan, Raul, Jorge, Miguel, Pedro, Christian...

I personally love the name Julio, as Ely suggested

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I forgot to ask... Is it a good intense?

Um...yeah! Hehe, I didn't even know there was a bad intense. But this Hatter guy is mad...I know he's supposed to be but this guy has issues and I can't believe Corwin doesn't know who Alice is. I have a good idea at who I think she is but...Tally the SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME. Are they going to make it out alive? Is somebody going to die? Is the Hatter going to die?

I would ask you to tell me what happens next but I have to be patient and find out for myself.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
My main LI is a hispanic guy and I'm trying to decide on his name. Which do you guys like better - Angel, Rafael, or Xavier? Or is there another traditionally hispanic name you guys like?

I agree with Tally on Angel. The first thing I thought of was Buffy too. Even though it's spelled differently, Rafael made me think of Clare's TMI. I think Xavier is used a lot so that name kind of turns me off automatically.

John Barrowman and his sister wrote a MG book. 0_0

Really?? :D

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooooh nice one, Karla. I really like Raul. I might use that. (I'm trying to avoid the names of ex-bfs or friends so that makes things more difficult, lol. Nothing worse than somebody erroneously thinking you're writing about them.)

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
That's exactly how I felt when I finished it.

I'm not saying it like it was a bad book (I don't know of you are either), but Tolkein seems to enjoy... Describing things. And his characters like to talk a lot, too.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
There's a Miguel at my school. His little brother Fransisco is over to watch Sherlock with my sister. I am so proud.

ETA: that's exactly what I thought, Tay.

And the songs. Oh, God, the songs.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooooh nice one, Karla. I really like Raul. I might use that. (I'm trying to avoid the names of ex-bfs or friends so that makes things more difficult, lol. Nothing worse than somebody erroneously thinking you're writing about them.)

I inadvertently gave a creepy sadistic psychopath the same name as my uncle. Oops. Rename time.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: that's exactly what I thought, Tay.

And the songs. Oh, God, the songs.

I can't help but make up my own tune to it when I read.

My friend tried singing along to it in science, and my science teacher is fan of LOTR, so they were both singing it... It was priceless.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha just tell him you were thinking about him and he should be flattered.

I absolutely refuse to use the name of anyone I kissed, dated, or spent more than a half-second flirting with in a novel. Because YOU KNOW that if that person reads it, they'll go "oh wow she was really hung up on me. i am awesome." And I'll be over here going nooooo but you have such a pretty naaaaaaaaaame oh bugger all.

Status
Not open for further replies.