Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I've got the first chapter of MAAH full of notes. Onto Chapter 2! (which I personally consider a much better, because Emil is my FAVORITE forever and ever and also CORWIN ANGST)

ETA: Ely, have you read anymore MAAH? I'm asking in case there's any comments you'd like to put in, and also because I'm kind of insecure about Chapter 3.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Had an idea for a short story. Rihanna's song Only Girl in the World has been harassing for the past couple of weeks and so I started thinking what would be like to be the only girl in the world. Don't know how it's going to turn out/or if I should write it.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
It's fine that you all don't like Twilight. But I bet if I, or someone else trashed a book you loved, you wouldn't take it. So, you know. Just saying.

I'll take that bet. It's okay if somebody (ahem, Zoom) doesn't like a book I like. The world is big enough for both me and them. :tongue

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
I've got the first chapter of MAAH full of notes. Onto Chapter 2! (which I personally consider a much better, because Emil is my FAVORITE forever and ever and also CORWIN ANGST)

ETA: Ely, have you read anymore MAAH? I'm asking in case there's any comments you'd like to put in, and also because I'm kind of insecure about Chapter 3.

I LOVE Emil. And I think the beginning of Chapter 3 gives more of a glimpse of Corwin's character. I'm in the middle of chapter 3 so I'll get back to you.

ETA: I also love Corwin in this chapter. I love how worried about Emil he was. It was kind of sweet/cute. *goes back to read*

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Haha this reminds me of Zoom's many lovely rants about The Hunger Games... ;)

(Which I don't personally have much of an opinion on either way, but I'm in the minority there.)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to listen to Glee on shuffle, because I don't know which album to listen to. Later, I will be using my iPod (headphones at night = need to be able to move with index cards...).

Doing all the important dates first.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Ely! Just let me know what you think as you go, if you can. That'd be awesome. I'd rather know people's immediate reactions than people's comments after turning the story over in their head a few times.

I mean, don't get me wrong. The latter type of comment is also really important. But I've had a number of those, and less in-the-moment ness.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Haha this reminds me of Zoom's many lovely rants about The Hunger Games... ;)

(Which I don't personally have much of an opinion on either way, but I'm in the minority there.)

It is possible that one day Zoom and I may have to duel to the death over THE HUNGER GAMES. But for now, we can peacefully coexist.

(I'm stockpiling ammo. :tongue)

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Ely! Just let me know what you think as you go, if you can. That'd be awesome. I'd rather know people's immediate reactions than people's comments after turning the story over in their head a few times.

I mean, don't get me wrong. The latter type of comment is also really important. But I've had a number of those, and less in-the-moment ness.

No problem. :)

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Para, but I'm on Zoom's side of that battle. :tongue it's not personal.

ETA: Aaaaaand... Already have all my chapter 2 annotations done. That was fast. I'll take this as a sign that Chapter 2 is either REALLY good or Chapter 1 is just sucky.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
NINJA MONKEY PARA!

I've been at a Hairspray mass rehearsal for three hours, and will be here for at least one more. That's why I'm here for a long period of time then gone for an hour. I think I have to disappear soon.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I used up all my self-discipline on my second epic year-long rewrite of the same novel, and now I am flitting from project to project like a butterfly on amphetamines. Somebody hit me.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
All this talk of epic dueling about book preferences makes me want to take a front row seat and order some popcorn. :popcorn:

Also, I could use some help in the self discipline department as well. Especially since I technically have homework and lesson plans that I should get to at least some time today...

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
*smacks Para with a fly swatter* And I believe you owe me an email! :D

Okay, so now that I've figure out what to do with SFN (sci fi novel), the amount of work this entails is slightly boggling me. I should start... nowish.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
My first index card is up on the wall! (It's New Year, so... it has to be up first, the others have to be arranged XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.