Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
*jumps on the procrastination wagon*

I'm going to regret this tomorrow... :D

And Margo, somehow comparing Disney and YA marketing sounds very interesting to me. Although, this may be because I spent the last half hour looking at op amps. Which are evil, evil, EVIL things. :tongue

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and congrats, Zoom! That's awesome!

BUT I HATE PEOPLE RIGHT NOW.

ETA: my facebook is littered with smug bitches and it's really pissing me off.

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Zoom!! :D

Oh dear, Tally. Did the wrong team win?

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Elu! How are you?

And yes, I do find it very interesting... I must considering that I don't actually have any reason to be doing it. *headdesk* Heaven forbid that I, you know, work on my novel or anything.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Giants won.

I mean, I'm pissed, but Brady was injured. Anyway, the problem is that all the Giants fans I'm FB friends with (I don't like all of them IRL) are being downright rude, commenting on all our 'Go Pats!' statuses and being like 'not so loud now that we whipped your ass, huh?' and I'm just so angry.

tumblr_luy0vx83S71qj85xto5_r1_500.gif

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm going to write. Me, I don't much care about basketball, so...this sports stuff is going right over my head.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
HR - Just to look. I know it's really early since I haven't actually started going to college yet, but I want to have an idea of where I want to go after I finish my four years.

Plus, I did some research to see what I kind of law schools I can get in to with my major and it said people with an undergrad degrees in Sociology get accepted into both Cornell and the University of Pennsylvania, which is exciting because I really want to go to an Ivy League school.

It also means that I have to work extra hard when I go to college. hehe

Ok Ely, when i chose my college i chose it for the grad school program. That was a mistake. If you want to get into an Ivy League school for law, make sure you call whatever college it is and ask them in person if you havent already... because alot of time the internet and other college lie about what there school can do for you, to get you into an ivy league school. For example my school told students it was "automatic acceptance into any optometry school" turns out that was a lie, they say that because "Nobody got turned down." until of course 4 people in my class. So point of this story is call the grad school and find out information, form someone who has been feed these lies, it really hurts to find them out 4 years later.

Thanks, Margo. :LilLove: Gah. I don't even know where to start. I just bombed a final interview after a painful, expensive, several-months-long application process. I'm out over £100, thanks to several 10-hour round trips to their London office. Previous interview didn't even bother to reject me. I'm up to eight failed interviews now. I also got a dozen consecutive form query rejections in the last fortnight, plus a one-sentence form partial rejection. So glad I spent years revising my novel and polishing my query. :rolleyes:

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I'm done querying. I only wish I could give up on job-hunting too.

I'm grateful for the encouragement, but I don't think I agree. The vast, vast majority of writers will never be published. The majority of them will never even be readable. Most people will never get an agent, let alone a book deal. Continuing to query will continue to get them nowhere. They just aren't good enough. In my case, the writing is on the wall. I feel embarrassed that I misjudged the situation so badly. Classic Dunning Kruger, where you're so cripplingly incompetent that you can't even tell how abysmal you are.

I'm very sorry Para, for both the job interviews and your query results. Dont worry, it might seem horrible and hopeless now, but that's because you havent met the right agent yet! Keep your chin up, it will happen soon!

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Have you ever felt so tired that you can't sleep? I should be doing my homework but I'm really really tired. Was going to take a nap but I can't seem to fall asleep. *sighs*

Zoom - Congrats on finishing!

Tally - This guy messaged me and gave me a whole lecture on why I shouldn't have rooted for the Patriots. It was really frustrating and though I'm not really a Pats fan, I did want to strangle all of the people who were bashing the Pats fans after the game.

Ally - Thanks for the advice. Luckily I don't have to worry about any of that until after I graduate from whatever four year college I decide to go to. I don't really NEED to go to an Ivy League for graduate school but it would be nice if I did get accepted into one in the future. I will, however, do some research before I apply when the time comes. :)

This whole...going to college...becoming an adult thing is kind of scary now that I think about it. *takes deep breath*

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Being an adult is terrifying, and I'm pretty sure I suck at it.

But then, one day, you wake up and you...realize it.

You. Are. An. Adult.

tumblr_lg6rvwxsev1qc650d.gif

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hehehe your not an adult yet dont worry. College isnt the all amazing "growing up, your an adult now" experience you might think it is. When you graduate college then be scared be very scared

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Heheheheheheh.

Nah, being an adult in the real world with a job isn't so bad. It's just like being a teenager, only with more responsibility and more money.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Being an adult is damn weird. Luckily for me, I still look like I'm 16 and nobody expects me to act responsible :p

Congrats on finishing Shattered Sky, Zoom!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahaha Same here!

I went to my boyfriends job the other day (he works at a resturant) and his new co-worker saw him hugging me and asked him later that day...

"Was that your sister?" He asked Will
Will "No my girlfriend"
Co-worker "Woah... how old are you? 18 right?"
Will "21"
Co-worker "Damn, you better be careful, you can go to jail for that shit for real"
Will "What?"
Co-worker "What's she like 15? 16? Why are you going for girls so young?"
Will "She's 21 and three months older then me."

Yeah i get carded for everything, even the movies.

inkspatters

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, with me it depends on the setting. I get carded for everything when I go out, but when I teach people or whatever (things where people hear me speak) everyone thinks that I'm in my early to mid twenties :)

And hey para! What's Freaks?

inkspatters

Registered
Reaction score
Oh! I totally thought it was Legend of a Freak, same as her blog, haha. But that's pretty cool :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha! YAY!

Ironically I'm editing the next set of chapters. Trying to cut down on run-on sentences. My mom pointed them out to me during her comments and I agree.

Morning everyone! Hows it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.