Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
This is totally random. But, Guess- who is in your icon and why do they look so familiar? I've been trying to figure it out for at least a day. 0_0

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Naw, it's anamistic dystopic mechpunk.

In a future where oil has been replaced by magic, a destabilized world has a new kind of mercenary: The Junkyard Knights. Wearing 9 foot walking battle armor - known as Plates - forged from old car parts and high tech gadgets, powered by a human soul, Junkyard Knights are mobile, durable, and flexible. While a 21st century battletank can outfight them...Knights can outlast tanks, thanks to not being reliant on vanishingly scarce fuel.

Knights are split between Blackhats and Whitehats. Blackhats have no qualms about killing to fuel their plates...but Whitehats have the advantage of working with WILLING souls.

Our hero - a spunky teenage mechanic who has no name yet - is working a shitty job in the poorer part of Detroit, while secretly sneaking out to piece together a Plate. Her kid brother died of cancer, and his last wish was to power some Plate. The money a Junkyard Knight pulls down is enough to buy a damn nice house and a comfortable life for her parents.

She enters into a joust and catches the eye of a team of Whitehats - known as the Slashers - who have just landed a huge military contract from the UN. Their mission? Act as peacekeepers in the ongoing genocide in Utah. When they arrive, they find themselves...not defenders of the innocent, but rather the beginning of a coverup of a crime on an epic scale.

For the genocide isn't just fueled by racial tensions, but by the bottomless greed of certain corporations. They want souls. And they think they've found a jackpot. The souls of the dead and the prayers of the desperate combine to create huge swaths of valuable resources - the souls themselves and the magically conductive material known as 'loadstone', which is coalesced prayer.

Now the Slashers and their newest member find themselves behind enemy liens, with warring bands of racial and religious tribes, roving wolfpacks of mercenaries (using suits powered by the souls of Siberian wolves), and the military assets of several major corporations all sighted for their heads.

Can they blow the lid off this conspiracy...or will this be their final fight?

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
ARYA! (from A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE. Excellent books, now tv show.)

that's who noguess is.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
dxMGM.jpg

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Para!

Ok, time for me to go to sleep. 3am and I just reached 25k. Yay for milestones! Boo for having to wake up in 4 hours.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. It's been a while. On the bright side, i'm writing. xD and listening to Evanescence lol

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
hello HR and ABW (Not sure what you prefer being called). How are your days going so far?

I'm finally writing too! I've been on a roll all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.