Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
See you Lisa!
We're YAWN-ing in about six minutes right?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm ending early. Got 200 words in 10 minutes; pretty good.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
That's the downside of writing by hand. I can't YAWN lol

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
I've just realised the old version of the rewrites I recently did actually makes more sense/is superior to the new version. God damnit. Back to the drawing board. :S

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
At least you figured out it's better! Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out that sort of stuff. But lately I've been good about following my intuition to see where my story needs to go. Actually, I take that back. I had some issues with hardly writing and not knowing where to take things the last week or so, though, that might have been laziness because I didn't want to leave the couch when watching TV lol. Either way, at least I'm on track again :D

Also, I've got 3.6K total and 2.2K words is from today. Still hoping to reach that 5K, and I'm so sure I'll make it!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm up for actually yawning.

I just got to 217 words in like 10-15 minutes!

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to have to pull out of YAWN-ing. Apparently I need to go somewhere in fifteen minutes.

If there's anything still up when I come back, I'll definitely post reps. Good luck guys!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
oh darn! I dont think i Yawned anything from my new story before.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So i did the math I wrote 2.1K in the last hour and a half. That's really good for me after this horrible slump i've been in lately!

Think i might be getting over my lack of motivation/writers block.

Now for the attack of the Mermaids! Bwhahahahaha! (I'm so evil to my characters!)

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I've officially given up writing by hand. My hand is cramping up really badly. UGH.

Well I guess I can YAWN again! But first, I gotta type up 3.6K worth of words...

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
My hand is all right now. I guess I exaggerated. It didn't cramp up too badly. But if I'd continued writing til I hit my 5K, I know it would have hurt like hell.

I've been typing stuff up and I'm expanding too. That was exactly my intent in writing by hand - write a first draft on paper, expand it into a second draft when typing it up since I'm a bare-bones first drafter.

I also just realized that The Perfect Crime is a YA contemporary. The romance is a subplot. :O I'm not used to this at all lol. In all my other novels, the romance is the main plot. But I guess maybe that's why it fit that The Perfect Crime is the one I'm meant to work on. Change can be good after being confined in the romance genre conventions.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So the damn power went out on my campus for a whole hour... Now only one outlet in my room works... And I can only get online through my phone because the lack if power took out the Internet too! What the hell does my 40k a year go towards!!!!!!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Kind of sucks right now most of the poet and the heat is out here so is the Internet... I'm cold starving and really wanted to see Sherlock Holmes tonight but my boyfriend won't get off work till 12 at the earliest... And to top it off my roomate has guests over so im being ignored...

Everything would be better if I just had Internet... Typing everything on my phone is a pain in the ass..

How are you?

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
:(

Hopefully your night gets better. I currently have three pairs of socks on and two sweaters. It's pretty cold in my room. The heat is on but it's not heating up in my room.

But I'm okay. Just waiting for break to get here. School has been stressing me out a lot lately and I really need a vacation/some time away from teachers and other people at school. Not only that...I can't seem to focus on schoolwork anymore. I think I failed my psychology test today too on top of that. *sighs*

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awww i'm sorry! I know what you mean about stress! Its been a horrible semester for me this year. But it will get better during break. It will be here before you know!

Hey Tally, hows it going?

I went all the way to Will's work so i could finally get internet. Apparently its official, i'm not going to have heat or internet tonight. And I'm probably not going to get it all back till tomorrow at some time, there not sure when.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I didn't hit my goal. I'm going to bed with 2k words. Not good, but at least I feel confident thanks to the great crits over at SYW.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

Catching up on Glee and doing the alternating thing I did yesterday

SPOILER: Stripper Sam is kinda disturbing...

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
WHITE CHOCOLATE!

I'm alright. I think I'm having a really unhealthy food day ahead of my, but whatever. It's Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.