Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to edit... I cannot believe how awful my first draft was!

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Heya folkses. I'm settled into the best spot in the coffeeshop... time to write.

Or procrastinate.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Heya folkses. I'm settled into the best spot in the coffeeshop... time to write.

Or procrastinate.

I'm waiting for Will, his brother, and his friend to finally decide to do something!!!

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes head in* I made Turkish delight last night, and it probably needed to cook just a little longer, but it still tastes good. :D

I have five mini-papers and an annotated bibliography to do by Friday, and my room *SERIOUSLY* needs to be cleaned, and i need to go practice basket ball, but instead I'm plotting.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Is Turkish Delight hard to make? I'd be curious to try that. I love the stuff.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I made it once, but i was 9 at the time so i dont really remember. It tasted goo though!!!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Since we are talking delicious things, I make an amazing mint chocolate pudding. It's all melted inside. Mmmm. I'm going to make it for Dys when we go on holiday.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Phew. Finally finished a basic outline of the crime thriller series that has been floating around in my head. It's six books long, and though it will probably be challenge with my slow writing, I can't wait to start it. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Since we are talking delicious things, I make an amazing mint chocolate pudding. It's all melted inside. Mmmm. I'm going to make it for Dys when we go on holiday.

That sounds really good!

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Is Turkish Delight hard to make? I'd be curious to try that. I love the stuff.

Yes and no. It's one that's not *too* difficult, but it's also easy(ish) to mess up. The kind I make uses the juice from an orange and a lemon, 1 1/4 cup of water, 2 cups of sugar, 4 tbsp of unflavored gelatin, and the peels from the lemon and orange cut into strips. Dissolve the sugar in 1/2-3/4 cup of the water over medium heat, add the juice and the peels, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, add the gelatin to the rest of the water to let it "soften" for about 5-10 minutes (I normally do about seven), and then add it to the rest. Boil for another 15 minutes, or until it reaches the thread stage. Strain it into a dampened (fairly shallow) dish, and let it set for at least 8-12 hours (24 is preferable, but I hardly ever have the patience to wait that long :tongue). Then you cut it into squares/cubes, and roll (or shake, if you use a plastic bag) it in a mixture of powdered sugar and cornstarch (1 tbsp cornstarch to 2 tbsp powdered sugar). ...don't throw the peels out. They're candied at that point, and they taste pretty good. :)

The reason it's easy to mess up is because if you don't cook it long enough it won't set right, and if you cook it too long, it sets too well and gets all chewy and weird.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
My specialty for desserts, are 1) amazing chocolate chip cookies! 2) GOD COOKIES! Me and Will developed them from another recipe we found. They are dark chocolate cookies, with a gooey dark chocolate peanut butter cream in the middle. THERE AWESOME!!!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Finally going to sit down and watch The Fellowship of the Ring... A month after reading the book. Dad finally found the extended edition. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
the extended is amazing!!! I dont care if its like a 4 hour movie its soooooo worth it!!!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I had watched the first forty for minutes in science class, but I'm still rewatching it. :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have finished the scene of Sticks and Stones I'm on, so now I'm going to bed. 'Night, guys.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
This made me giggle....

draft_lens6033372module47724992photo_1248323276harry_potter_must_not_go_to_hogwarts.jpg

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha ! Cute :)

Hello there, Orlando Bloom :) I'm sorry it took so long :)

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
I've lost an 1000-word scene. Apparently, my computer ate it. The important part of it was preserved on my blog, but I'm still not happy :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.