Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I meant my non-romance ideas from before I officially became a romance writer.

But I do like CMRH's idea a lot :D

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear it! I need to get started on my beta stuff in a little while, including Grimace. I've been all over the place since yesterday and very distracted.

ETA: Ohhhh. Well Karla...we all have those regrettable early ideas. (I'm guilty of what was prettymuch a rip-off of Sailor Moon blended with Magic Knight Rayearth. Including random people who are naturally blonde, but 100% Japanese.)

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. And Of Pads and Fingers was pretty much 40k words of nothing happening XD. I do have characters in there I want to salvage...one day.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
kk, Ally, critted your query. warning: I am very harsh. it's not personal. i am just a bitch when I crit stuff.

Thanks Tally it wasnt too Harsh, actually it was just the kind of response that brings up my many questions on how to write this query for such a complicated and twist fulled book like mine... Also answered you confusion on the title the Monsters.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
no nothing fun...

I'm just racking my brain about my query letter all while trying to write TH and deal with my grandmom's birthday party.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Weathering a tropical storm and going to work because my boss does not believe in off days.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I hear ya, Kidd. I've been through that with snowstorms (we'll see how my new school reacts to tropical storms).

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be...answering ChaCha questions and meeting up with a girl from my Comp II class, I think. And hopefully writing/beta reading.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
If you mean me, not right now, no. I have nothing to do tonight other than ChaCha...which I have pulled up in another window.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I hate that I keep finding songs that fit the second and third book in the series, though I dunno why I hate it.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
dude, they don't need to fit exactly. I played Taylor Swift for a torture scene. It's just about putting on music you like that makes you feel... writerly.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Yes Tally, yes you do.

And Lisa, prettymuch what she said. I have "This Piece of Poetry Is Meant to do Harm" by The Ark that ALWAYS makes me feel like writing and it is in no way anything like anything I've written.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing a musical outline - the problem is - I find loadsa songs that fit later in the series rather than Underdogs. It's mostly for inspiration. I mostly listen to albums when I'm actually writing. I have a feeling I'll be listening to a lot of Glee and classic Disney, lol. Except for the 'Matthew in prision thing' scenes.

If you're wondering, I don't feel ready to write it yet. I feel like I'm cheating on Suns and Stars. If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.