Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a weirdy. I loved high school. I love college. Heck, I even loved middle school/junior high. ...Especially in retrospect. :tongue ...But seriously. I really have enjoyed the majority of my educational career. The social aspect of high school was awesome, and in college it just goes to a whole new level. Sometimes it sucks, but that's okay. It's all learning experiences, if you let it be. Besides which, I know I wouldn't recognize all the fantastic times I've had if I hadn't had those miserable ones. :)

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
is the word count thing broken

or have I really written that little?

I keep expecting my WC to go up by like 1,000 words whenever I write a passage. More like by a 100, ha.

/slow writer woes

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Homework is the most horrible thing ever. 0_0 My work is due tomorrow and I still have so much to do. Gah stress.

Sorry the only time I come in here is to mini-rant about school and being busy.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I had 14 hours a week of Uni, which seems like very little, but somehow all my free time seems to go on things other than writing (I did work 30 hours a week on top of school for quite a while, so that may perhaps explain it...). I'm likely switching to a degree in communications with a focus on creative writing next year (discovered that generalised degrees are not for me) and I am hoping that it'll kick my butt into gear a bit more with ze writing. Plus it's only 9 hours a week. Woo.

Choco, I have the same problem -- my brain doesn't want to switch from whatever I'm studying (or just attending classes, since I'm not big on actually studying) to the creative things so I need huge amounts of down time/time away from studying before I can write or even read.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I was so bad about doing homework and writing instead in college lol. I'd fall so far behind in my classes, too...I had this vicious cycle where school would stress me out, so I wrote to cope, but fell behind because I wrote. And I'd be even more stressed out I'm falling behind so I wrote more. Yeah. School wasn't right for me. I might do vocational school one day and hopefully only do maybe 1-2 classes/week.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
*is encouraged to write*

write or die it isssssss.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I got my old story open today (I sent it to people to read in April '10, and embaressed because of the feedback I deleted all trace of it from my house), and I'm cringing at it. The premise is good though, so I'm thinking of rewriting it from stratch and self-publishing it.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Why science is AWESOME

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/holocaust.html

This document does not advocate or condone the extinction or betrayal of ewoks, it merely reports upon a physical situation and the acts involved.

The circumstances at the end of Return of the Jedi lead inevitably to an environmental disaster on the Endor moon. The explosion of a small artificial moon in low orbit sends a meteoric rain onto the ewok sanctuary, on a scale unmatched since Endor formed. Through either direct atmospheric injection of small particles, or showers of ejecta from large impacts, the atmosphere will be filled with smoke and fallout causing a gargantuan nuclear-winter effect.

Unless the rebel commandoes on Endor were executing a suicide mission, the rebel fleet was evidently able to intervene to protect their immediate vicinity: probably an area comparable to Luxembourg. Debris fragments amounting to the mass of the rebel fleet might conceivably have been diverted from that particular locality (by the exertion of the fleet's tractor beams) and onto adjacent areas of the Endorian globe. However this is only a tiny fraction of the total mass incident on the moon during an event lasting mere minutes. The mass of the entire debris cloud and fireball is incomparably (inexorably) greater than the combined mass of both fleets over Endor.

A general climatological catastrophe was unavoidable. Averting the disaster would have required physical action on a scale greater than the construction of a Death Star, within minutes of the battle station's explosion.

Immediately following ROTJ the Endor moon has become unliveable, meaning that the ewoks are extinct

Read the whole thing to see why, scientifically speaking, the Ewoks are screwed.

:D

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Zoom. I hope it goes well!
And yay for RL meetups, Para! I'm totally jealous. :)

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
CONGRATS ZOOM!!

Para - YAY! How'd it go?!?!

Ely - Got your comment on my blog post about TL! Is it possible for you to be my cheerleader beta for the next month or so? Having one really helped with finishing CMRH last summer. And it's not first-draft stuff because I've been revising as I go, so it'll be much better than my sucktastic bare bones first draft stuff lol

Status
Not open for further replies.