AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Cave Hollow Press

Cave Hollow Press

Does anyone have information on Cave Hollow Press? They seem to be a small press, but their website makes me concerned:

http://www.cavehollowpress.com/index.html

It's not a very professional website, and their books don't seem to have much distribution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

eta: I didn't see them listed on P&E, but they have a current listing with Writer's Marketplace online.
    Last edited by Mom; 05-27-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: forgetful
    "Jerkwad robots make me sick to my ass!"

Cave Hollow Press, Cave Hollow Press was established to publish great writing by authors from Missouri and the surrounding region.
    cavehollowpress.com, P.O. Drawer J, Warrensburg MO 64093, E-mail: nagel@cavehollowpress.com. Acquisitions: R.M. Kinder and Georgia R. Nagel, editors. Fiction needs: Mainstream/contemporary. Submission method: Query by mail with SASE. Recent titles: The Feedsack Dress by Carolyn Mulford (young adult); A Horse Named Kat by Lucy Lauer (middle reader); Triskaideka: Murder, Mystery, Magic, Madness and Mayhem II by various writers (anthology). Tips: "Our audience varies based on the type of book we are publishing. We specialize in Missouri and Midwest regional fiction. We're interested in talented writers from Missouri and the surrounding Midwest. Check our submission guidelines on the website for what type of fiction we're interested in currently."
    "Jerkwad robots make me sick to my ass!"

Banned
    For having been around since 2001, they have only four books, and only one I could find on Bookscan - with a sales figure of 15 units. Even though Bookscan isn't accurate, 15 sales is dreadful.

They don't appear to have any means of distribution, so I'm betting you can do far better for yourself.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    No activity since '14. Anyone have recent contact with them?
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: