• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Branden Books

Donald Jeffries

Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully I didn't miss anything in my search this time, because I couldn't find any previous discussions about this publisher.

They wanted to see the entire manuscript of my Natalee Holloway book, but their web site doesn't seem to feature many recent titles and the ones I could find had extremely low rankings and few reviews and copies on Amazon.

They state they've been in business since 1909. Does anyone here have any more info. about them? Thanks.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Their website looks to be aimed at readers & buyers rather than writers, so that's a good sign. On the other hand the blurbs and other text have some errors and awkward usages (it comes off a bit ESL) and the covers aren't impressive.
Oh, the contact us page is aimed at writers - that's where the submission guidelines are. No mention of royalty rates.

They describe themselves as publishing award-winning books, but a quick browse-through doesn't mention any specific awards or titles. One author is described as an 'award-winning programme director in the radio industry'.

Their new products page suggests they publish perhaps three books a year. So, um, I guess they're not over-extending themselves.

The movie rights availability page boggled me a bit - is that usual?

Are you hoping for bookstore placement? There's no indication (that I found) of a catalogue or discounts or bulk shipping rate for bookstores, only the option of buying from the website.

-Barbara

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
Their website looks to be aimed at readers & buyers rather than writers, so that's a good sign. On the other hand the blurbs and other text have some errors and awkward usages (it comes off a bit ESL) and the covers aren't impressive.
Oh, the contact us page is aimed at writers - that's where the submission guidelines are. No mention of royalty rates.

They describe themselves as publishing award-winning books, but a quick browse-through doesn't mention any specific awards or titles. One author is described as an 'award-winning programme director in the radio industry'.

Their new products page suggests they publish perhaps three books a year. So, um, I guess they're not over-extending themselves.

The movie rights availability page boggled me a bit - is that usual?

Are you hoping for bookstore placement? There's no indication (that I found) of a catalogue or discounts or bulk shipping rate for bookstores, only the option of buying from the website.

-Barbara

Bolding mine. I just have to drop a note that coincides with this. I got a rejection letter that was not even in a complete sentence. "We cannot use. Many thanks."

I enjoyed the rejection, especially it was not even a 12 hour turn around.

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
Cover quality varies widely, to put it politely.