How To Distribute Promo Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Frey

Banned
Reaction score
I recently ordered 5,000 promotional post cards for my upcoming release. One side has the cover and the other has info about the book and where to buy it.

I plan on taking these to local libraries, bookstores, and giving them out to friends and family to pass around to others. My question is this, is there any other ways I can distribute them to get the word out?

Thanks

MMConway

Registered
Reaction score
I think your hairdresser is a good idea, and also maybe your local post office as well. Try to make a list of places you frequent.

Good luck to you!

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
When I used to distribute promo cards/bookmarkers, I employed several methods including:

- contest 2nd and third place prizes for the first dozen that got the right answer
- Joint distribution with other authors
- sent to websites that issue goody bags to their readers
- the ones you stated.

Unfortunately, after conducting experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of two dozen promote activities, I learned that markers/cards were at the bottom of the list for Return on Investment. Accordingly, I no longer throw that money down the rabbit hole, rather use it for other things.

jdm

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Rent a plane and throw them out over a major metropolitan downtown area. Probably be about as effective as anything else and quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.