Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralyks

Untold stories inside
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.editorskylar.com
I did a search and did not find a thread, so forgive me if I missed it, and redirect me - but - has anyone worked with Interact Media? I did the application process and was accepted, but I have concerns. It appears you set your word rate and take assignments when offered. But there's this--

“Interact Media may also require writer to periodically submit… questions and answers for publication by Interact Media on one of their sites in order to keep their writing account active and keep access to writing jobs. Writer agrees to relinquish all ownership rights to all paid or unpaid content requested by Interact Media for publication on any Interact Media owned/operated website.”

So, in other words, they could say – write us some free material, we’re taking all rights to it, or you can’t get paid jobs anymore? And, with the vague “periodically” wording, they could do it anytime? As often as they like?

Should I run from this, or not worry about it unless/until they ask for free stuff?

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com

http://www.interactmedia.com

Didn't see the quote you posted, but did see something about answering a question in the application process. They say this is unpaid and the ads on the site go to help keep the site fee-free for writers, but later they talk about essentially taking a 20% cut.

I'd say it's a job board for slave writing labor with a hefty chunk going to the company. Strive for better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.