Is Blogger broken?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I've been having problems with my blog since yesterday. I'm getting either a 'page not found' or 'not available at the moment'. I've just tried a couple of other blogs from people on AW and looks like they've got the same issue. Anyone know anything about this?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can get to your blog just fine.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I've been having problems with my blog since yesterday.

Same here. You can read the blog, but try signing in or viewing comments and you get this message :

Blogger is currently unavailable

Blogger is currently unavailable. We apologise for this interruption in service.
Please visit Blogger Status for additional details.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I've been having problems with my blog since yesterday. I'm getting either a 'page not found' or 'not available at the moment'. I've just tried a couple of other blogs from people on AW and looks like they've got the same issue. Anyone know anything about this?
Yeah, they are having a few issues. From the status site:
We've identified a problem rendering some blogs containing the popular posts widget. Our engineers are fixing the issue and the it should be resolved shortly.
However, i'm having trouble with every blogger blog i visit. I haven't been able to leave comments all day, and sometimes the newest post is mysteriously missing.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Yeah, they are having a few issues. However, i'm having trouble with every blogger blog i visit. I haven't been able to leave comments all day, and sometimes the newest post is mysteriously missing.

Yep, that's what's happened to me. Glad it's not just me. I thought I was doing something wrong (or stupid. Or both).

Reaction score
According to blogger they're restoring the deleted posts now and hope to be up and running 'soon', whatever that means.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting the same messages.

frolzagain

Registered
Reaction score
I've been having the same problem. I guess I won't be doing a Friday post this week. It's been eating some of the comments people have left as well. :(

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My post from yesterday is gone. I hope it gets returned!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hadn't blogged in a while and decided to do so yesterday.

Ha ha. Nope. I couldn't post a new blog post and I can't visit other people's blogs.

I couldn't even log in to my own account.

Deleted member 42

Knock on wood, in a day or so it should be ok. Your content, including comments, goes into a database.

They're having problems with the front-end, so your content should be ok.

It may take them a couple days to roll back all the sites once they fix the underlying problem.

Deleted member 42

Wait... can't someone just wave a magic wand and *poof* make it all appear just like that? **snaps fingers**

:D

:D They kinda are, but the rollback and then the roll forward has to propagate to all the servers.

beckahrah

I believe you have my stapler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckah-rah.blogspot.com
They finally fixed my lost posts. I guess it's mostly up and running properly again, although my comments from yesterday are still AWOL.

Deleted member 42

Y'all should frequently use Blogger's built in back up/export option, and then email the archive to yourself or something.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also glad I haven't updated my blog in a week... fortnight... month... Nevermind.