Just had to say that I love reading everyone's responses! This is why I love reading so much... so many unique experiences! And I'm really glad this post was started. :-)

Years and years ago I had been on absolute write trying to get some help and feedback about my Father's memoirs, but after he passed away, I didn't have the heart to edit them too much and so I went with the self-pub route to ensure that his stories would remain in tact. I have enough for 3 volumes, but have already published the first volume of them that I have had the time to edit (for punctuation and typos and ensuring names got proper permissions, etc).

My Father was a really unique man - his stories include things like his experience in the Soap Box Derby, stories from his service in the Korean War, and especially some stories about Roller Speed Skating which was a huge part of his life. He was a complete goofball and most of his stories resemble something from a cartoon, so I was lucky enough to commission a cartoonist to draw his book cover. :-)

(If you wanna see the awesome cover, here is the link to the book: http://a.co/jfd8QwH)

Thanks for listening! And good luck to all of you in your writing adventures!!! xoxo