The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Az Publishing Services

Fish from another stream Kevans's Avatar

Az Publishing Services

I was at Leprecon in Tempe last week. One of the panelists proclaimed that advances are dead, and that authors must pay to get published.

The panelist owns Azpublishingservices.com It looks like another vanity press to me.

Is there any more information out there?

Regards,
    Kevin

The cake is a lie. But still cake. shaldna's Avatar
    I had a look at their website, not sure about the quality of work, some of the covers are awesome, most are terrible. And they keep refering to the books as 'print books' which made me wince.

And the publisher is also one of the authors. Not a big deal in itself, but it's enough to make me raise an eyebrow.

The website isn't very good, it looks like one of those spam websites that try to sell you acacia berries or chocolate underwear.

Distribution appears to only be online and via Amazon, Ingram and Book Hub

No mention of having to pay for publishing though.
    TORCHWOOD - where the slash is canon

Yes, I read Twilight. Yes, I hate it. No, I don't have to give you a reason why.

Here be snark : www.clairewriteswords.wordpress.com

Fish from another stream Kevans's Avatar
    The "Pay to play" comment was given at the panel, and only surfaced after we started talking about distribution and contracts.

A number of panelists were promoting POD, and Amazon, as a replacement for links to a distribution network.

While I have no interest in the service, I was curious.

Regards,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by shaldna View Post
    I had a look at their website, not sure about the quality of work, some of the covers are awesome, most are terrible. And they keep refering to the books as 'print books' which made me wince.

And the publisher is also one of the authors. Not a big deal in itself, but it's enough to make me raise an eyebrow.

The website isn't very good, it looks like one of those spam websites that try to sell you acacia berries or chocolate underwear.

Distribution appears to only be online and via Amazon, Ingram and Book Hub

No mention of having to pay for publishing though.

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    There's no indication on the website about how much it costs (if anything) to publish through Az Publishing Services, but I don't like the 'partner page' which suggests to me that they may refer authors on to other companies (in which case I'd want to know if they get a kick-back for that).

There's also no information on royalty rates for Az Publishing authors (I'm presuming they don't pay advances), there's no information on their publishing experience and they seem to be publishing any genre, which suggests a lack of targeted marketing and publicity. Am not impressed by the "submittals" page either.

At the very least, I'd want to know how many books each author sells on average and what the company does to get your books out there.

MM

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link: http://www.azpublishingservices.com/index.php

I note they often refer to their "partners" as imprints. Regardless, they are: Underground Publications, Writer's Cramp Publishing, Be Uplifted Press, Reason Publications, Weavers of Dreams Press, and Idea Puddle Publications.

Not the least problem with their website is the small matter of the "Build Your Book Calculator" at the bottom of every page never having a working link.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Site hasn't been updated since '11, but there are a few recent books on Amazon.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Updating URL: http://azpublishingservices.com/ Revamped, but still a mess.
    ICAO
    ---------