Craigslist?

ShannonR.

<insert witty title here>
Registered
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Craigslist. I have a blogging/article writing gig that I got from Craigslist about two years ago. It's not highly-paid, but for extra money. You probably won't get rich, but CL can be a decent place to get your foot in the door. There are magazines looking for writers there all the time.

I echo the others-it might be better to link to something else with your by-line rather than sending them a sample. There are lots of scammers out there. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
DoingWhatILove, I'm looking at the 123life site...I can't tell, do you get paid by them per article, or is it one of those sites like Helium and Factoidz where your earnings are largely dependent on how many 'hits' you get?
dene, is there a link to your ad on Craigslist? I never thought of posting my own, but I like the idea. I'd like to either see how it's done or ask you a few questions without 'de-railing' this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

MoneyMakinMama

Registered
Reaction score
All of my current clients were originally garnered via CL. They all pay upfront and I haven't had a single problem out of any. Thinking back, I've never had a problem out of a CL client ever and I've had several. I think it all boils down to learning how to separate the wheat from the chaff in the very beginning.

ShannonR.

<insert witty title here>
Registered
Reaction score
All of my current clients were originally garnered via CL. They all pay upfront and I haven't had a single problem out of any. Thinking back, I've never had a problem out of a CL client ever and I've had several. I think it all boils down to learning how to separate the wheat from the chaff in the very beginning.

I'll echo this and add that separating the wheat from the chaff is a good thing to learn no matter *where* you look for jobs. Even sites like CareerBuilder that have a good reputation will still unknowingly occasionally post a scam job. I'm not suggesting using that site for freelancing jobs so much as saying that you'll find 'good' and 'bad' anywhere you go.

CC_Adam

Registered
Reaction score
There's a lot of reliable work on cloudcrowd, odesk and elance.