Caught The Win7 Total Internet Security Bastard...Again!! [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The Best Place In The World...Absolute Write!!
What's up, guys?

Oh my God, less than 15 minutes ago I caught the Win7 Total Internet Security 2011 bastard for the second time in a little over a week! Same crap, couldn't do anything on the Internet, started "scanning for malware" without my permission and what not, same crap that thing does. So I restarted the computer, hit F8 and performed a System restore...the restore the computer to an earlier time and voila!! The account that was affected, (mine) is now able to get on the internet and allows me to do whatever I want. I am sorry that I am going on and on but I am so nervous and upset...so ok, now that the machine *seems* not to be crippled anymore, I am running a *full scan* with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if that thing is still there. I still haven't downloaded Spybot or Malwarebytes. Why is the computer no longer doing what it was when it caught that thing, crippling my antivirus and everything? Gee, could it be gone?

Or do I download the two utilities mentioned above just to make sure? When I have those two antibastards, do I scan with both of them at the same time or do a scan with one and then the other?

Once again I thank you in advance for any help or advice. I just can't believe I had the same problem twice!!

Best regards
Magali.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only do one scan at a time.

You need a better Internet security, even if you have to pay for it.

Reaction score
Wow, that was a lightning-fast response! Thanks!! What's the best paid internet security suite? I've had Norton and Mc. Afee and paid for both, but I've heard and read horrible things about Norton...is MSE good enough for this, or other suites like AVG or Avast?

Deleted member 42

Also: Don't use an Admin account for everyday use.

Create a separate Admin account. Don't use it for anything but installing.

Run a non-admin account the rest of the time.

Also: be very aware of what is triggering a dialog message. Many of them are fake.

I routinely get a fake "Scanning your computer for Malware" message.

I'm on a Mac. I'm not running on an Admin account. The message is designed for Windows users; the dialog doesn't even look like a Mac dialog.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score

This. Windows, Linux, or Mac, follow this advice. For day-to-day use, use a non-admin account.

I'm on a Mac. I'm not running on an Admin account. The message is designed for Windows users; the dialog doesn't even look like a Mac dialog.

The new MACDefender trojan uses the same attack path, except the fake dialog looks like an Aqua dialog box.

Reaction score

Also: be very aware of what is triggering a dialog message. Many of them are fake.

I routinely get a fake "Scanning your computer for Malware" message.

This is great, but I'm wondering, when something gets installed on one account, does it get installed on all accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.