The game deals thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Consider this place an area for people to post heads ups on awesome gaming deals.
I imagine digital downloads will be the most popular here, but if it's applicable I suppose something retail could show up.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Direct2Drive has been having a 30 days of deals. It'll end pretty soon though.

THQ PC digital downloads are currently 50% off-- http://store.thq.com/store/thq/list/pc-games/categoryID.39206600 Just browse through.

Edit: Although I gotta say, THQ's policy of not giving you the download forever is pretty awful, and stupid considering everybody else does it. It's pretty much convincing me to stay away, even though there are games I want on there.

Also, Mount & Blade, both the combo pack and individual games, are going for some crazy good prices on Steam.

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Warband is a stand-alone right?
I bought the original on D2D, so if I get Warband through Steam, can it run separately?
Today's deal on D2D--Two Worlds 2.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Steam's got a week-long EA games deal going down, each day offers different deals. Began on Monday, Dragon Age is up to bat with 25% off of DA2 and 50% off of DA:O Awakening and Ultimate.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Mount & Blade is still on, a very good sale, including the new game that will be released tomorrow, Fire and Sword.

:)

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Steam: The Sims Day

D2D:
50% off http://www.direct2drive.com/9477/product/Buy-Medal-of-Honor-Download

15% off all Star Wars titles and guides.

I love digital games and deals. I've bought 4 games in the last month:
SimCity 4 Deluxe, GTA IV (Complete), Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, and M&B: Warband, all for only $37.35 (with tax). Less than I'd pay for a single new video game on any system.
HOORAH!

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
For the record, if you want gaming deals and you aren't checking Amazon every day then you're doing it wrong.

They have gaming deals in their Deal of the Day... every day believe it or not. And not stupid deals, either. Right now Crysis 2 is on sale for 40% off on any platform... Xbox/PS/PC and digital download.

And the Amazon App Store has a FREE app for the Android OS every day, too.

That Amazon be crazy, yo :p

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Personally I won't look there mainly because, as I stated earlier, I only do digital games nowadays. But if anyone is looking for physical copies, then Amazon does seem like a good idea.

Edit: DA2 50% off.

Last edited:

magicmint

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for this. I love looking for game deals! It's why I love D2D and Steam!

froley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reelthinker.com
Are you aware of rockpapershotgun.com? Every week (on a Saturday, I think) they do a big round-up of good (sometimes obscure) deals, and they're the best PC-exclusive gaming site around.

I prefer hard copies of games, but if a new game's $10 on steam I'd be stupid not to buy it!

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com
Are you aware of rockpapershotgun.com? Every week (on a Saturday, I think) they do a big round-up of good (sometimes obscure) deals, and they're the best PC-exclusive gaming site around.

I prefer hard copies of games, but if a new game's $10 on steam I'd be stupid not to buy it!
Steam has great deals. For Christmas when they were doing their sales, you could get all the valve games for at least $80, give or take (and that's A LOT of games). There's been deals where you could get a game for $80 with all the DLC, coming out to being, say $800 (that was one game. I can't remember the title of it, though). Then they'll have deals for games under $5 (some just being $1). :tongue You'd be crazy not to hop on any of the deals Steam dishes out.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
Huge list of Judgment Day savings on Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5804224/judgment-day

Includes hardware and software but big software deals:

Amazon has Just Cause 2 for $10, Two Worlds Epic Edition for $7, and Witcher 2 for $40. Plus, Rift MMO DLC for $27.

I'm just going to quote the rest of them because it's a lot, go to the Kotaku page for the links if you want them.

Beamdog
Men of War: Red Tide for $12.50, save 50 percent.
Direct2Drive
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition for $9.98, save 60 percent.
Act of War High Treason for $9.98, save 50 percent.
D2D Indie Sack Pack Vol. 1 for $19.95, save 33 percent.
DotEmu
Praetorians for $3.49, save 50 percent.
EA
The Sims Medieval for $24.99, save 50 percent.
Bulletstorm for $29.97, save 50 percent.
GamersGate
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent for $3.98, save 60 percent.
Dead Rising 2 for $19.98, save 50 percent.
Resident Evil 5 for $14.98, save 50 percent.
GMG
RIFT for $24.99, save 50 percent.
Railworks 2: Train Simulator for $17.49, save 50 percent.
GOG
Iron Storm for $4.99, save 50 percent.
Syberia 2 for $4.99, save 50 percent.
Still Life for $4.99, save 50 percent.
Impulse
For The Glory for $2.99, save 70 percent.
Mac Game Store
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™: Hard Evidence (Mac) for $4.99, save 50 percent.
Plants vs. Zombies Game Of The Year Edition (Mac) for $9.95, save 50 percent.
Steam
Plain Sight for $2.49, save 50 percent.
Swords and Soldiers HD for $4.99, save 50 percent.
EVE Online: Incursion for $4.99, save 75 percent.
Strategy First
SFI Space Pack Coupon: SPACEPACK for $9.99, save 78 percent.

Saw that on the front page of Kotaku this morning, thought you guys might be interested

froley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reelthinker.com
Steam has great deals. For Christmas when they were doing their sales, you could get all the valve games for at least $80, give or take (and that's A LOT of games). There's been deals where you could get a game for $80 with all the DLC, coming out to being, say $800 (that was one game. I can't remember the title of it, though). Then they'll have deals for games under $5 (some just being $1). :tongue You'd be crazy not to hop on any of the deals Steam dishes out.

Yeah I bought a bunch of stuff at the last Christmas sale. Most of it was crap, but it was cheap so I didn't feel too bad. That's when digital sales come in handy.

I've already got all the Valve games I want--I have the Orange Box (hard copy, $15 a couple of years ago). I don't multiplay, so I don't want/need Left 4 Dead or its sequel...

Status
Not open for further replies.