AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Crystal Clear Proofing

practical experience, FTW

Crystal Clear Proofing

http://www.crystalclearproofing.com/ They look to be an editorial service. I thought I would add them to the list here after seeing them on FB.

Kudos to them for joining the professional associations--that's always a good sign. But there are some idiosyncratic punctuation choices on the site, which seems like an odd choice for a proofreading/copy editing/content editing business.

::goes to check own site just to make sure I'm not throwing stones from a glass house!::

Find me at
    BookTweeting on Twitter
    for a book review a day, every day!
    JUST LAUNCHED:
    EbookCheapskate,
    where you'll find reviews of
    free and cheap ebooks (under $5 US)!

Biggest thing I see missing is any note of experience in the (book) publishing industry. Doesn't mean they wouldn't make great editors, but if someone doesn't have industry experience, I'm not sure how you could trust that they could edit a manuscript towards commercial acceptance.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Unable to access FB page. Site doesn't look like it's been updated since '12, and the only Tw activity since then is re: their Naymz profile. Anyone have recent contact?
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: