Hey

Castle Pokemetroid

More of an animator than writer
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here. I have just finished my first novel that I'll attempt to have published.

I have no idea how, so I'll be sure to check out some topics to try and learn how.

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
Welcome aboard. Congrats on finishing your novel, it's quite an accomplishment. There's tons you can learn about getting it published by digging around on this site. Have fun!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome aboard (I have to say that, I'm naughtical)

I'm asking this of every newby I respond to :

How about a few paragraphs of your writing that you are proud of. It'll really help us know you and at least one of your styles a bit better.

Not trying to scare you away but it's never too early to stop being bashful. I promise that I won't critque it on the forum and doubt that anyone else will.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Xaenyth

Crooked
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with your new novel.

Castle Pokemetroid

More of an animator than writer
Registered
Reaction score

Interesting. You posted that twice.

It's not that hard to rank up post count copy/pasting the same thing over and over. Ironic that your post mentions the fifty post thing.

Still, very helpful to know. I did not know that before hand.

As for my writing style, it involves constant non stop action and ultimate power from beyond the stars.

In my novel, the most the main character ever stops to rest in a single sitting would perhaps less than a single page.

It's not that hard to follow, either. I made it so that the plot would be super compressed and could be explained by just throwing a sentence here and there.

Motivation of the main character is also simple.

I cut down on the plot to maximize the number of battle scenes. That's just the sort of writing I do.

BJ Bernardo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Y'all

Hi Everyone

This is the first writer's forum I've joined. I thought it was a good idea as I'm doing my first edit to my first novel.

Thanks for having such a site and any help y'all provide and good luck to all of you writers and soon-to-be.

BJB

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
Ello there and welcome to the wide, friendly world of AW. :welcome:

Congratulations on getting that novel finished up and good luck on getting it published!

MMConway

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie.