Conversion from older Mac word processing programs

Carrie-Anne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carrieannebrownian.wordpress.com
Since MacLinkPlus Deluxe is currently out of print, does anyone know of any other way to convert files in MacWriteII and ClarisWorks into Word? All 1,000+ pages of my Russian novel, the first two chapters of the sequel (on a hiatus I'm itching to end, esp. since I just got out my notebook with all of the notes, outlines, and character lists for books two and three), and many of my YA historical fiction Atlantic City series books are held hostage in those old formats. The most recent revised editions of the first two chapters of my completed Russian novel are also on the hard drive of the old '93 Mac that no longer has the monitor, but my computer geek dad has said he can show me how to get them off of it if we hook up one of the older monitors.

I know you can open these documents with Text, though it'll take longer to revise since that involves copying and pasting into Word, and losing all of the formatting. I'd give almost anything to be able to have access to these files again and start tinkering with revisions, esp. since I finally went back to querying after ten years of putting my dream of being published on hiatus.

Deleted member 42

I'd give almost anything to be able to have access to these files again and start tinkering with revisions, esp. since I finally went back to querying after ten years of putting my dream of being published on hiatus.

Send them to me in email as attachments, and I'll see what I can do.

It would help if you could tell me in the email what word processor and version the files are.

medievalist AT mac.com

I've got MacLink Plus Deluxe, and a variety of other tools.