Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Collage Literary / Hawkins + Company (Laurie Hawkins)

practical experience, FTW Purple Rose's Avatar

[Agency] Collage Literary / Hawkins + Company (Laurie Hawkins)

Just wondering if anyone has queried Ms Hawkins at Collage Literary. I found her on Publishers Marketplace. Even though that page only listed the genres she represents (no titles), I included her on my list (not my A or B list, for sure). I checked her website and the books looked good enough to me, mainly memoirs.

She has asked for a full. I took a closer look at all the books on her website and can only find ONE -- Enforcer by Valerie J Wood, ficition -- on Amazon and it is self-published (Author House). http://www.hawkinsandcompany.com/Current_Projects.html

If anyone has had experience with Ms Hawkins or her agency, I hope you can tell us all about it.

Thank you so much.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Nor does their store page inspire confidence in either their agenting or publicity skills.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW Purple Rose's Avatar
    Thanks CaoPaux! I agree. Good to know these things. It's clear what I should do if she's interested.

ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Has anyone heard any more info on this agency?
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

Forgot to ask. Is this place affiliated with this company: John Hawkins and Assoc. http://www.jhalit.com/#Home ??
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

Began a site revamp Fall of '16, but is now gone. Anyone have recent contact?
    ICAO
    ---------