Status
Not open for further replies.

zegota

Fantastic!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewborgard.com
It's kind of a cool solution, especially for eBook-only authors. But honestly, if I'm a big enough fan to want to get an author's autograph, I want to buy a hardcopy to have it on. And I say this as an ereader fanatic.

Erik M

Aaaayyy!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.martin-inabind.blogspot.com
Yeah, not the same. The cool part about an autograph is that the person in question, author or celeb physically handled the item and made their mark on it. Ebooks don't allow for that as they have no physical existence. So forget about having a booksigning if you publish exclusively ebooks.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Yeah, not the same. The cool part about an autograph is that the person in question, author or celeb physically handled the item and made their mark on it. Ebooks don't allow for that as they have no physical existence. So forget about having a booksigning if you publish exclusively ebooks.

Au contraire. I just was one of twenty authors at a regional author faire yesterday and I did signings even though my novels are all currently in ebook format. I signed everything from a kid's scrap of notebook paper (on request by the kid) to postcard reproductions of the book covers. Not the same no, but doable, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.